Chapter Twenty-Four || Plain

Rosalie couldn't get to sleep that night. She had such a good time with Kai, who was now sleeping with his arms around her. Rosalie wanted everyday to be like that but she knew Kai would undoubtablely go back to work and Rosalie would be left alone again.

Rosalie's hands rest on Kai's and she could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck. She loved Kai with every part of her being. She didn't know what it was, or why she fell so hard. But it was a constant battle.

Her heart was telling her to stay with him, it didn't matter what he had done. Another part of her - her brain - screamed at her to leave. That Kai was dangerous and she needed to run away as fast as she could.

Rosalie eventually fell into a fitful sleep.

Rosalie moved her hair behind her ear as she read. It was her favorite book but every time she read it she cried. Rosalie continued reading but let her hair fall back in front of her face as she felt a tear roll down her face. It was just so sad.

She paused to compose herself before she continued, a watery giggle as she read the next part. She bit her lip as she continued reading before a small prickling sensation crawled up the back of her neck.

She wiped her eyes before she turned around and looked around the small coffee shop. Nobody was looking at her but she still felt like someone was watching her. Rosalie gathered her book and her bag and headed out. She made sure to stay with a group of people as she walked and finally the feeling faded.

She made it home and went straight to her room to finish her book.

Rosalie woke up to sunshine and Kai's arms still around her waist. Rosalie stretched and turned to face Kai. "Don't you have to leave."

Kai's eyes didn't open. "Do you want me too?"

"No." Rosalie said as she turned back around and he pulled her close to him.

"Then I'll stay." Kai murmered into her hair.

Rosalie smiled and held Kai's hand as they laid in bed. Rosalie felt happy they he had stayed and she was content with just laying like that. Rosalie closed her eyes but she didn't go to sleep.

They laid in bed for a few more hours before Kai stretched and stood up. Rosalie had fell asleep and didn't move when he left.

Kai left the room, getting dressed before he left. He headed out the door and headed for Mystic Falls. Rosalie woke up soon after and felt a pang of sadness at Kai's absence. She shook it off and took a long shower that turned into a bath.

When she finally got out it was night and Rosalie wasn't tired. She went into the babies nursery. She smiled and held her stomach.

She couldn't wait for the babies to come. She was beyond ready for them to come. She wished Kai didn't have magic. She wished they were just normal so they didn't have to worry about merging and powers and vampires and everything they had dealt with.

Rosalie wanted her children to be safe. She didn't want anything to happen to them. Rosalie realized Lorelei hadn't visited in a long time.

Rosalie decided on a walk instead of calling her. She pulled on a jacket and headed out the door.

She was in a good mood as she walked. It wasn't too cold that day, and wished Kai was with her, but it didn't damped her mood. Their house came into sight and Rosalie smiled before she knocked on the door. She went inside.

"Lorelei? Zeniff?" She called. She repeated her sisters names but she didn't get a response.

Rosalie felt a pit in her stomach and wished it would go away. A smell was drifting throughout the house. She headed up to Zeniff's room.

She rested her hand on the handle and steeled herself before she opened it. A scream tore itself from her throat as she collapsed to her knees.

Zeniff was laying on the her bed, eyes open and staring at the ceiling. She was obviously dead. Rosalie could barely see through the tears but she saw the bite marks on her neck.

Vampire's had killed them.

Rosalie moved to her sisters body and held her close. "No." she sobbed. She didn't know how long she had been there. But her sister had been there for a while.

Rosalie finally was able to call the police before she fainted.