Chapter Five || Home

The phone was quiet for a long time.

"Is this a joke?" The voice said, annoyed. "

"No. Kai got us out of the-"

"Are you a prank caller, cause I swear-"

"Zeniff, it's me. I promise. Please."

"Where are you? Give me some proof."

"I was at the hospital the day of your birth. You almost died because our mom was so intoxicated."

"Where are you?"

Rosalie told her the name of the gas station then she heard the phone hang up. She slowly set the phone down in the receiver. She exited the phone booth stood in the parking lot. She had no idea what she should do.

She sighed and sat down on one of the benches outside.

And she waited. And waited. And waited.

---------------------

Hours later a small blue car pulled up next to her. Rosalie looked up as the door opened.

A tall blonde girl climbed out of passenger seat of the car. A girl came around from the drivers side and looked at Rosalie.

"You look just like the pictures." The driver said.

Rosalie squinted. "Zeniff?"

"Are you really Rosalie?"

Rosalie felt a smile overtake her face and she nodded, jumping towards her sister. Zeniff hugged her tightly and didn't let her go for the longest time.

Rosalie pulled away and turned too the other two girls. "You have to be Karina. And you are-" She had disappeared right after Karina was born, but the other girl she didn't recognize.

"Lorelei."

Rosalie hugged Karine but when she tried to hug Lorelei she backed away and gave her a tight smile.

"How did you get out?"

"It's a long story." Rosalie said.

"We have a long car ride." Zeniff said with a smile.

Karina and Lorelei climbed in the back and Rosalie climbed in the passenger seat.

For the next few hours she told them about everything that happened.

Zeniff told her what had happened to them with Karina adding in and Lorelei sitting on her phone the whole time.

They got to the house. Zeniff told her they had moved around after their mother died and settled in a town a few hours away from Mystic Falls.

Zeniff told her they could share bed and once they got inside Rosalie crashed and fell asleep.

Rosalie twirled in a circle. She looked at the dress she had on from the back and then looked at the front again.

She smiled at her reflection and picked up her bag as a knock sounded at the door.

Rosalie rushed to the door and fixed her hair before she opened it. Kai stood on the doorstep with flowers in his hands.

Rosalie blushed as she took them. "They're beautiful." She said in amazement.

Kai winked. Rosalie was captivated. She set down the flowers and took Kai's outstretched hand.

When they touched Rosalie could swear that fireworks went off. She felt giddy whenever she was near Kai.

Rosalie woke up from her dream out of the blue and for a second she was slightly confused.

She blinked a few times and got out of the bed. She realized she needed to find Damon.

On their journey from Oregon to Virginia Kai had told her what Bonnie did with Damon and everything in the four months they were trapped.

Rosalie went into the kitchen and looked for a phone book but she couldn't even find a phone.

Defeated she sat down at the table. Lorelei walked in a few minutes later looking like she had just gotten out of bed.

She saw Rosalie and turned around, heading back out.

"Wait." Rosalie said, standing out of her seat. "Can I talk to you?"

Lorelei looked conflicted but finally she came over and sat down across from Rosalie.

"Is there a reason you...don't like me?"

Lorelei sighed. "When I was born mom died a few years later. All growing up all I heard about was Rosalie and how we lost her. It was all she ever talked about or cared about. I guess I just came to hate you in a way. So now you show up but it's too late. Both of our parents are gone and they both thought I was a horrible failure."

Lorelei stood up and started leaving.

"Lorelei,"

Lorelei paused.

"They thought I was a horrible failure too. Zeniff was the favorite child."

Lorelei turned slowly to face her. "What?"

"I could barely say anything without blushing and stuttering. They were ashamed of me. Zeniff, even though she was so young, she was their shining star. I never told you guys about me and Kai."

"You and Kai?"

"I was in the prison because I helped him kill his family but it isn't in the way you think."

Lorelei looked curious so Rosalie stood up. "I'll make you a deal. Find me something too eat and I'll tell you all about me and Kai."

Lorelei mused it for a second before nodding. "Do you like pancakes and bacon?" She asked.

Rosalie smiled and nodded. "That would be amazing."

Lorelei headed to the fridge.

Rosalie sank back in her seat but her smile faded as a buzzing sounded in her pocket.