Chapter Thirty-One || Funeral

Rosalie didn't expect to be invited to Elena's funeral, well kind of. But Damon showed up at her door saying Elena would want her there.

Rosalie felt a little awkward since Elena had none everyone else for years and Rosalie had only met her a few months ago.

She could tell that Bonnie was still mad at her but she didn't say anything. She watched Caroline and Bonnie go up first.

Rosalie felt her eyes burn with tears. If she had stood up to Kai all those years ago none of this would've happened. Jo would be alive. Elena would be awake. Bonnie wouldn't have been trapped.

Rosalie looked up as she realized it was her turn to go. She slowly made her way over to Elena. She took Elena's hand and closed her eyes.

They were in the hospital. Rosalie turned to see Elena sitting behind her. Rosalie took seat next to her.

"How are you?" Elena asked.

Rosalie let out a watery laugh. "I should be asking you that."

"I'm going to be asleep for a few years." Elena shrugged. "Won't be too bad."

Rosalie noticed that she seemed to be trying to convince herself as well.

"Damon said you'd want to see me." Rosalie told her. "I guess I also wanted to say goodbye. I'm sorry about everything. It's my fault and if I had just." Rosalie sighed. "You were a good friend. Even when I wasn't."

Elena grinned and pulled Rosalie in for a hug. "It's okay. You thought you lost everyone. You haven't. I know my friends will help you if you need it."

Rosalie pulled away and Elena looked down at her stomach. "Are you excited?"

Rosalie bit her lip and nodded. "Yes. I'm ready to start raising my kids."

Elena looked sad. "I hope I'll see you again." She said.

Rosalie hugged her tightly. "I know you'll see me again." Rosalie said.

"Goodbye Rosalie." Elena said.

"Goodbye Elena." Rosalie said.

She opened her eyes and released Elena's hand. She realized she had been crying so she quickly wiped away her tears. She stared down at Elena for a second before turning and walking away.

She watched Stefan and Damon say goodbye. Then she said goodbye herself and left.

Rosalie went to the hospital instead of her house. She knew if was not usually when you saw, but she wanted to know the gender of her babies.

She felt overjoyed at the announcement She was having a girl and a boy. Rosalie already had a name in mind for both.

Once she got home she saw an unfamiliar car in her driveway. She entered the house and found Alaric sitting on her couch.

He looked up as she came in. "Sorry for the intrusion." He said, standing up.

Rosalie smiled. "It's fine."

"What's that?" He asked, motioning to the pictures in her hand.

"I'm having a girl and a boy." Rosalie said sadly.

"Twins." Alaric noted.

Rosalie nodded. "Did you need something."

Alaric held up a small package. "I wanted to give you this. I think Jo would've wanted you to have it."

Rosalie took the package and opened it up. "Oh my gosh." She looked at Alaric. "I can't take this."

"She would've wanted you to have it." Alaric said.

Rosalie smiled, pulling out a necklace. It was Jo's favorite and she wore it almost all the time. Rosalie remembered telling her she really liked it the first time they met.

Rosalie felt her eyes fill with tears. "Thank you Alaric." She said, giving him a small smile.

Alaric nodded, but didn't move.

Rosalie was about to question him but suddenly she felt liquid running down her legs. She eyes widened and she leaned against the table.

"What's wrong?" Alaric asked.

"My water just broke." Rosalie told him.

Instantly he was by her side, helping her out to his car. Rosalie sat down. "The baby isn't suppose to come yet!" She said, feeling pain rip through her.

"It's going to be fine." Alaric said, starting the car and heading towards the hospital.

Rosalie gripped the handle as the contractions started and continued. "How close?" She thought she said, but in reality she screamed.

"We're close." Alaric answered, pulling into the hospital.

Rosalie barely remembered Alaric helping her into the hospital. She found herself on a bed with the Doctor telling her to push.