Chapter Twenty-Two || Dreams

Rosalie was bedridden the next few days with a major cold. Lorelei would usually keep her company until Kai got home.

Lorelei had made it her mission to make sure Rosalie had watched every movie she missed. Rosalie was currently watching a show called Jane the Virgin. She was mildly intrigued by it.

"She's pregnant with his baby but that's her fiancé?" Rosalie asked looking over at Lorelei.

"Yes!"

Rosalie nodded and settled into the pillows. She glanced at Lorelei who was watching the show happily she felt tired and she let herself fall asleep.

Rosalie opened her eyes to see her mother. "Mother?" She asked.

"Hello Rosalie."

"How?"

"I've found peace. Don't worry. I just wanted to see you once last time. I've been watching you."

"Mother I'm so sorry." Rosalie whispered.

"No. You aren't."

Rosalie looked at her mother confused. "What?"

Her mother looked at her darkly. "You are marrying Kai. The person who trapped you for so many years. You are having his children. This is the man who killed his siblings. He killed you. And you just stick by his side no matter what!"

Rosalie took a step back.

"You are a disgrace to this family and to your sisters. You shouldn't be with that monster!"

Rosalie felt hurt as she stared at her mother.

"I'm not letting you be with him for one more second."

Rosalie didn't have time to react as her mother plunges her hand into her chest and yanked her heart out.

Rosalie and her mother stared at her heart as everything stopped.

Rosalie sat up in her bed, scrambled to her chest and felt her heart beat.

She realized it was night and Kai was asleep next to her. She slipped out of her bed and went into the bathroom. She splashed her face with water but her hands were still shaking.

Rosalie gripped the sink and closed her eyes but all she could see was her mother's face as she ripped her heart out.

Rosalie jumped as someone touched her shoulder. It was Kai.

"Rosalie, are you okay?" He asked.

Rosalie nodded but she couldn't stop shaking.

"What's the matter?"

Rosalie shook her head and left the bathroom. Kai followed her and she slipped into bed.

Kai sat down on the bed and made Rosalie face him. "Rosalie what is the matter. You are shaking like a leaf."

"It was just a nightmare."

"A nightmare that scared you to death."

Rosalie blinked and her mother, with her heart in hand stood in front of her. She blinked again and it was gone.

"I saw my mother. She told me she was ashamed of me because I was having your children. And it was your fault that I was trapped for so long. Then she ripped my heart out."

Rosalie's hand found her heart and felt it beating. Kai put his hand over hers. "I've changed Rosalie. I am sorry I trapped you for so long. And I'm sorry but these emotions are so confusing. I'll try to do better, okay?"

Rosalie nodded and Kai kissed her forehead. "I know that I love you okay? That is one thing I haven't confused anything with. I love you and will always love you."

Rosalie nodded and a small smile appeared on her lips. "Okay." Kai went to move but Rosalie grabbed his wrist. "Kai, where do you go everyday? You are never here with me."

"I go to Mystic Falls." Kai said, he sat back down. "I'll stay with you today, does that sound okay?"

Rosalie nodded and smiled, laying back in bed. Kai came and laid down next to her. She lifted her head and he slipped his arm under it. Rosalie pulled herself closer to him.

"I hated you for so long." She whispered. "All those years in that prison world I imagined killing you. But when you came back I was so happy. Even through all that I loved you. And through all this I'll love you too. I'll help you figure out your emotions. I promise."

"Thank you Rosalie. Does this mean I'm forgiven for what happened?"

Rosalie didn't answered right away. After a few minutes she nodded. "Yes. You are forgiven."

She felt Kai's chest moved and knew he was laughing. "Thank you." He kissed her head and she felt herself nodding off to sleep.