Chapter Four || Escape

Rosalie was watching her fingers in the wind as they drove. She felt guilty about leaving Bonnie but she had left her a clue of how to get out. She hoped she got out soon and once she got back over she would do everything she could to get her out.

Rosalie looked over at Kai who was relaxed as he drove the car. His music was jacked up so loud it make the car shake but he looked happy.

Rosalie looked at the menu. She wasn't sure why she did because she always got the same thing.

She got to the table and shyly smiled at the worker. She girl smiled back.

"What can I get you?"

"Hot Chocolate with Hazelnut."

"Two dollars."

Rosalie handed over the money and a few seconds later the girl handed her the hot chocolate.

Rosalie smiled gratefully and took her hot chocolate. She turn and felt hot liquid soak her dress. She gasped as it stung and looked up at the cutest boy she had ever seen.

He grinned at her.

Rosalie made a weird noise as she realized he was covered in her hot chocolate.

"I'm so sorry." Rosalie managed.

"It's okay. I can change. It's just a shirt."

Rosalie nodded mutely, her throat closing up.

The boy looked at her curiously. "How far away do you live?"

"20 minutes." Rosalie squeaked.

"How about you come with me. My sister has some clothes you can borrow."

Rosalie watched the boy offer his arm and slowly she took it.

"What's your name?" He asked as he guided them out the door.

"Rosalie." She almost whispered.

"I'm Malachi. But everyone calls me Kai. How old are you?"

"20."

"Perfect." Kai said as he led them to his car.

Rosalie almost jumped as Kai's hand touched hers. "Where do you want to get married?"

Rosalie bit her lip and shrugged. Kai raised an eyebrow at her doubtfully. Rosalie looked away and looked out the window.

"We're about five minutes away. Ready to get back to civilization?"

Rosalie nodded, but she had a sinking feeling in her stomach about leaving Bonnie behind.

"What's the matter?"

Rosalie shook her head. "It's nothing."

Kai didn't answer as they had just passed the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign.

They got to the edge of the forest and got out. Kai was grinning as they walked through the forest. Rosalie just walked behind him silently. She didn't know what to think but with each step she got a deeper pit in her stomach.

"Kai.." she stopped. "We can't leave Bonnie here. It's cruel."

"She was going to trap us here forever. She already sent Damon Salvatore away. She intended to leave me here. That isn't cruel?"

"Did you hurt her?" Rosalie asked, "Other then stabbing her."

"Yes, but she killed me first. I was willing for all of us to get out."

"She was just hurt. We can't leave her here alone Kai. That's just mean. I can't leave her here alone."

Rosalie turned to leave but felt a tight hand grip her wrist.

"Bonnie betrayed me. I'm not bringing her. You are coming with me though. I'm not going to have you show Bonnie how to get out of here."

Rosalie tried to get her wrist out of his grip but it was to no avail. Kai pulled her through the woods and to a deep hole in the ground.

"Kai! Let me go. I can't leave her here alone."

Rosalie pulled away desperately. "Kai!" She yanked against him as he looked up.

He set down the ascendant and pulled zip ties out of his pocket. "I thought you would feel guilty sooner or later."

She cried out as he tightly bound her hands together. He took one of the zip ties and zip tied it to his belt loop. Rosalie had started crying by now and she pulled against the restraints. Kai had never meant to do anything he had promise. He had tricked her again. And she had fell for it. Again.

Kai grabbed the ascendant and wiped some of Bonnie's dried blood onto it. He started chanting and Rosalie slumped in defeat.

Kai gripped her wrist as she felt a tingling sensation run through her body.

Rosalie opened her eyes to bright sunlight. Her tears had dried up and Kai was grinning like a lunatic. He pulled Rosalie with him as they exited to a road.

Car zoomed past and Rosalie gaped at how modern it was. Kai was raving like a lunatic before he pulled out a pair of clippers and handed them to her.

He grabbed the zip tie on his belt loop and ripped the belt loop.

Rosalie watched speechless as he turned to her, kissed her on the cheek, and walked away.

She looked down at the clippers in her hands and the zip ties on her wrists.

She screamed and raised her hands, pushing them into her head. She felt hot tears run down her cheeks before she brought down her hands. She cried harder as it broke the zip ties but scraped up her hands.

She was stupid to believe him. Even for that one perfect moment. She should have listen to her brain instead of always listening to her stupid heart.

She calmed down and walked to the gas station across the street and saw Kai getting into a cab. There was a pay phone so she went to that instead. She found a grabbed change off the ground and dialed the only number she remembered.

"Hello?" A young girl answered.

"Hi, I'm..in looking for Rose Martin?"

There was a pause.

"Who is this?"

"I'm a friend of hers. Is she there?"

"Rose Martin died ten years ago."

Rosalie froze as her eyes filled with tears. Her mother was never really a mother but to hear that she was dead came as a big surprise.

"Is Zeniff there?"

"ZENIFF!" The girl yelled. "PHONE!"

A few seconds later someone else picked up the phone.

"Hello, This is Zeniff."

"Zeniff this is Rosalie. I'm in Mystic Falls and I need your help."