Chapter Fifteen || Help

Rosalie and Kai moved into the house, though Rosalie was still wary she found herself enjoying his company. Rosalie stayed home most of the time while Kai left, coming home later then Rosalie would have liked.

Rosalie had been living with Kai for about a week when she decided to talk to Jo, to see if she really thought he could get Luke's feelings. She borrowed Zeniff's car and found Jo getting off her shift at the hospital.

"Hey!" Rosalie said, hugging Jo.

"What are you doing here, I haven't seen you in weeks." Jo said. "Speaking of, thank you, for helping me at the school."

"It'll never be enough for what I did." Rosalie told her sadly. "But I'm here about something else..."

"Alright. Lets head to the coffee shop around the corner, I'm starving." Jo pointed to a coffee shop, Rosalie could see part of the sign. She nodded and they headed down to the coffee shop. Rosalie just ordered a large hot chocolate and Jo ordered a lemon bar and some black coffee.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jo asked.

"A delicate matter...."

"Kai?"

"How did you-"

"He's been trying to do locator spells on me. Has he been bothering you?"

"Kind of. I...am pregnant. With his baby." Rosalie told her slowly. Jo's mouth fell open. "He came to me and told me that when he merged with Luke he got his feelings. He says he realizes how much he hurt me. I just wanted to know if that was even possible."

Jo was silent for a few minutes. "Yes. I've heard of the sibling who lives taking on some traits of the dead sibling. But to change that much seems far fetched to me." Jo said cautiously.

Rosalie nodded as her hot chocolate was set down in front of her. "I was afraid of that."

"Rosalie," Jo grabbed her hand tightly. "You do know that if you have twins that Kai might try to kill them."

Rosalie looked at her surprised. "What?"

"You might not be from our coven, but your child will have magic. If they are twins then he might view them as threat. They can take his place."

"You're saying if I have twins they'll have to do the merge?" Rosalie asked, horrified.

Jo nodded. Rosalie felt sick to her stomach. "I need to go." Rosalie said, almost jumping as she quickly got up and headed to the door. Jo didn't follow and Rosalie didn't stop till she was sitting in her car.

She tried to start the car but her hands were shaking too much. She dropped the keys and gripped the handle, pressing her forehead into the steering wheel. She took deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart.

Kai wouldn't do that. He said he had changed. He wouldn't make Rosalie make the twins merge. He could stop it. He could...

Rosalie didn't know what he could do. She didn't know if he could stop the merge. If he couldn't Rosalie would have to hide. That meant leaving Kai behind. Even though he had changed Rosalie knew that would be dangerous ground. Kai would come after her. She would never been safe, and neither would her children.

Rosalie finally let go of the steering wheel and picked up the keys, starting the car. She took a few more deep breaths to calm herself before she started driving away.

She got back home and went inside. She was going to have to talk to Kai. She was going to have to confront him about the twins.

Rosalie paced the living room. She would tell him she didn't want her kids to do that. Maybe he would understand. He would probably even be happy. He would get to keep his position.

Rosalie felt herself relaxing. This would all work out. She would reason with Kai and-

She heard the door open and she quickly stood up, all her nerves returning.

"Kai..." She said, walking into the hallway. "I want to talk to you." She stopped, looking at him.

"Are you okay?" She asked, moving closer.

Kai coughed. They both looked at his hand which now had blood on it. Rosalie's eyes widened and she caught Kai as he collapsed.