Epilogue

A Few Weeks Later

Rosalie had the babies the night she said goodbye to Elena. Rosalie got one out naturally but the other she had to get out with an emergency C-section.

One of them was a little girl and one was a little boy. Rosalie couldn't be happier when she was done. But bad news struck when she found out that her son had died in the womb. Rosalie held him for hours before she let him go and just held her daughter.

She named her daughter Cassiopeia Josette Parker. She wanted it to be in honor of Jo but she didn't want her daughters name to be Jo, she knew Alaric would want to name one of his kids after her.

Rosalie let her herself think she was getting better but she wasn't. She barely slept at night, waking up from nightmares. Sometime they were of her sisters and sometime they were of Kai. Rosalie was taking care of her daughter and everyday life was harder to cope without having anyone. Alaric visited a few times, but he offered little comfort and eventually Alaric stopped coming.

Kai had left her enough money in the bank for at least the next year and he had paid the debt on the house totally.

Cassiopeia was a small baby with Rosalie's blonde hair and Kai's dark eyes. She was a happy baby who loved to laugh and always brighten Rosalie's day. Rosalie loved her and it was almost a year after Kai's death that Rosalie realized that she couldn't stay in Mystic Falls anymore. It was toxic to her.

She decided she was going pack up to New Orleans. She could have a new start and she could live with Cami. So Rosalie did just that. She sold the house, packed up, and left for New Orleans, arriving a few days later, feeling desperate and needing help. She went to Cami's apartment but nobody was there and it was locked. She went to where Cami worked but none of them knew what happened to her either.

Rosalie had been in New Orleans for days before she heard a rumor floating around that Cami was dead. Rosalie didn't want to believe it but she found herself at the cemetery looking at the headstones.

When she found Cami's she stopped, not believing it even though it was right in front of her eyes. Until then Rosalie had held on to some flicker of hope that Cami wasn't dead, that she was alive but that flickered when out as she saw the name written on the tombstone.

Rosalie pressed her forehead into it. "Oh Cami." She whispered. "What happened to you." She let tears fall as she cried before she pulled away. "I'm sorry I wasn't here for you."

Rosalie headed out of the cemetery, not sure on what she should do. Her sisters were gone, Kai was gone, and now Cami was gone. Rosalie truly was all alone. But she knew she could feel bad for herself. Cassie needed her and she couldn't abandon her daughter.

Rosalie decided right there that she was going to make a life for her daughter, and for herself. She couldn't afford to feel bad for herself or chase after someone. She was done with that. She was done being weak and letting other people control her life. 

Rosalie kissed Cassie's head for a long time as she stood on that street watching people rush by. "We're going to live here." Rosalie whispered to Cassie. "And you are going to grow up to be a beautiful little girl and I will keep you safe. Always."