Chapter Nineteen || Truth

Rosalie was sitting in on her and Kai's bed when he came home. She knew she had to ask him and she knew sooner was better then later. He was taking off his coat when she sprung the question on him.

"Are you just being like this to me to make sure I don't have twins?"

Kai turned to look at her. Rosalie was struggling to stay strong because all the pieces were falling into place. Kai didn't want Rosalie having twins so he pretended to care for her so he could keep a close eye on her and if he had to he could kill the twins.

Rosalie took a deep breath as he stared at her. "I know you're only pretending to love me because if I have twins they could take away your power and so you want to keep a close eye on me so that if you have to you can kill them if you need too. But you promised this wasn't a trick and I fell for it and I desperately hope what I'm thinking is wrong because if it's not I can't do this anymore. I can't." Rosalie realized she was rambling and she closed her mouth.

Kai was staring at her with an amused expression. "Are you having twins?"

"No."

"Rosalie, do you really believe any of what you just said?"

Rosalie bit her lip. "You've hurt me before. Why should now be any different. You said you struggle everyday."

Kai came and kneeled down in front of Rosalie on the bed. "I promise you I am not trying to do whatever crazy thing you think I am. I am not going to kill our child."

"So if they were twins you wouldn't kill them?"

"If they were twins, my family would try to take them from us. We would have to run or I would have to kill my family. I won't let anything happen to you or our children."

Rosalie nodded, but she still wasn't convinced. Kai stood up, kissing her forehead on the way. He went back over and started changing into his pajamas. Rosalie had already changed and she climbed in the bed and stared at the wall.

Thoughts were racing through her head as she felt Kai lay down on the bed and climb over to the pillow. His arm snaked around her and she listened as his breathing slowed with sleep.

Rosalie didn't get a wink of sleep that night, though she pretended to be asleep when Kai woke up and left the room. When she knew he was gone she got up and got dressed quickly. She knew that she could only call one person.

Elena had given Rosalie her phone number and Rosalie called her.

"Hello?" Elena answered on the third ring.

"Hey Elena, it's Rosalie. Can you do ultrasounds?"

Elena was quiet for a second. "Yes. I've researched them."

"Can you do one for me, today?"

"Yeah, just come to the hospital."

"Thanks, and please don't tell Jo."

"Alright. Bye."

Rosalie quickly borrow Zeniff's car again and headed to the hospital. She got inside and she could feel her hands shaking. Elena met her at the entrance and took her into a back room. "Lay here on this table." Elena told her.

Rosalie did as she was told and watched Elena prepare her stomach. She finally put the screen in front of Rosalie moved the thing around. "How many babies are there?" She asked.

"One second, let me look." Elena said.

Rosalie felt like she could be sick forever as Elena moved the camera and Rosalie could clearly see the second baby. "Oh my gosh." Elena and Rosalie whispered at the same time.

"I have to go." Rosalie tried to get up but Elena pushed her back down. "I have to clean your stomach and you have to calm down, okay?"

Rosalie leaned back and tried to calm down but every second she sat in that chair was a second that Kai could find out and kill the babies. Despite what he sad, Jo's words also rang through her head. Rosalie needed some advice and there was only one person she could think of that could help her. Elena cleaned off her stomach and helped Rosalie up. Rosalie thanked her but then she was gone.

She returned Zeniff's car and headed home. The second she got home she grabbed a backpack and shoved everything she could find in it. She knew where she was headed and she knew she couldn't let Kai know.

She headed out and walked to the bus station. From there she caught a ride on the train and settled in. It was a long ride to New Orleans.