Chapter Twenty-Five || Pain

Rosalie woke up to a headache and a light beeping sound. She recognized she was in a hospital.

"Rosalie?"

She turned to see Elena. She had a hole in her heart and she felt numb.

"I'm so sorry about your sisters."

"Someone killed Zeniff. Where is Karina and Lorelei." Rosalie said.

Elena came to her bedside. "They don't know where Lorelei is. She's missing, Karina was in here room. She was also killed. It was a vampire."

Rosalie felt her heart shatter. "Why am I here?"

"The paramedics found you passed out in the scene. They say the stress and horror caused your body to overload and it made you pass out. You and the babies are fine though."

"Do you know where Kai is?"

Elena bit her lip and looked guilty.

"What?" Rosalie said.

"Kai came with us to a prison world to get someone."

"What?"

"Bonnie left him there."

Rosalie felt as if she was drowning. "You left him there? He was trying to be better!" Rosalie tried to sit up. "He was trying! Now he's trapped again!"

Rosalie screamed at Elena - who called the Doctors. They ran in and injected her with something as the other nurses tried to hold her down.

As the sedative took effect Rosalie started crying. "Now I'm all alone."

The last thing she saw was Elena's sorry face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosalie woke up a few hours later. The Doctor's and nurses tested her and told her everything was fine and sent her on her way. Rosalie realized she had no way to get home so she called Elena. Elena agreed but Rosalie refused to speak to her after that. Elena dropped her at her house with a sorry.

Rosalie went inside and curled up on her bed. Her sisters had been killed. Lorelei was missing. Kai was trapped in another prison world. Rosalie was all alone.

She heard a knock at the door and headed down to answer it. She opened the door to Bonnie.

Bonnie smiled sadly. "Elena told me. She told me I should say sorry but on the way over I realized I'm not."

Rosalie's eyes filled with tears again.

"He tortured me and I am not sorry for trapping him there. I hope you can take care of your baby."

Bonnie turned to leave.

"You took the only person I had left." Rosalie was able to choke out.

Bonnie turned. "I'm sorry about your sisters."

"Now I have to raise this child by my self while Kai is stuck in a prison world. He was trying to change. He was changing. And this is going to change everything. Not even Luke's feelings can stop how he feels when he gets betrayed." Rosalie tried to stop herself. "I hate you."

Bonnie didn't say anything and Rosalie took a step back and shut the door. She watched Bonnie walk away from her window before she turned around and sunk to the floor.

She felt the babies kick and a sob escaped her throat. She was alone. She would have to raise them by herself.

Rosalie tried to stand up but she hit a table and a lamp fell crashing to the ground. Rosalie stared at the broken lightbulb.

Before she knew it she had stood up and thrown a vase into the wall. She didn't stop. Anything she could get her hands on she threw. Finally she stopped in her and Kai's room. She collapsed on the floor in sobs and pressed her head into the wall.

She was so tired. She was tired of hurting and tired of crying. She was tired of feeling sorry.

Slowly Rosalie's sobs subsided and she was able to open her eyes. She stared at the ceiling and held her breath.

She was done. She was done with it all. She was tired of trying and tired of pretending everything was okay.

"Rosalie?"

Rosalie turned to see Jo standing in the doorway.

"He's gone Jo."

Jo nodded and kneeled next to Rosalie. "I know. And I'm sorry."

She pulled Rosalie up with her. "I know we weren't the best of friends but I'm sorry the way things turned out."

Rosalie nodded, her tears dried up. "I'm sorry for what happened. I really am."

Jo nodded and hugged Rosalie. "I know you are. And I'm going to help you get through this."

Rosalie nodded and hugged Jo tighter.