Chapter Seven || Regrets

Rosalie didn't want to go back inside the house so she sat on the steps. A few minutes later Zeniff joined her. "You know, it was really hard when you were gone. Mom spiraled, I wasn't there to see it, but I talked to the neighbors. Mom became a drunk and started sleeping with men for money. She couldn't control it. You were her daughter."

"I think that was just an excuse." Rosalie told her. "You don't remember but Mom didn't show us that she loved us. She was always working or said she was working. She would come home from work and smell like wine and beer. She was already a drunk, me being taken was just an excuse to let the world know." Rosalie rested her arms on her knees. "Mom didn't care about me."

Zeniff didn't say anything but they just sat in silence. Rosalie felt comfortable sitting next to her sister but it also hurt. Rosalie had been the one too take care of Zeniff when she was only a baby. Rosalie also felt guilty, because of her decisions Zeniff had to grow up too fast, it was obvious from the way Zeniff was already twenty-two, and all she was doing was working so she could provide for their two younger sisters.

"I'm sorry." Rosalie admitted.

"For what?"

"For not being there for you."

Zeniff was quiet for a moment. "I forgive you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Rosalie went to find Damon, she only heard Kai mention him once but she knew Bonnie was from Mystic Falls. She had to tell him about Bonnie and Kai. She wanted to help get Bonnie out, everything about it felt wrong to her. She knew it was her fault. Every time she was around Kai it was like a drug. It made her feel out of control.

Rosalie borrowed Zeniff's car and drove to Mystic Falls. She wasn't sure where to start looking for Damon so she just asked the first person she saw. They knew exactly who she was talking about and told her where he lived.

The Salvatore Boarding house was amazingly beautiful. Rosalie got out of the car and looked around the house before she knocked on the door. The door opened and the man looked at her, slightly annoyed.

"I'm looking for Damon Salvatore?"

"He's out right now. Can I take a message?"

Rosalie opened her mouth. She didn't know what to say, she was counting on Damon being home. "I wanted to talk to him about Bonnie Bennett." She finally said.

The mans gaze hardened. "What about her?"

"I would rather just talk to Damon about it."

"I'm Damon." He said annoyed. "Now spit it out. What do you know?"

"I was in the prison world with her and Kai. Kai got out but he left Bonnie there. She is there all alone and I know what that can do too a person. The only way for you to get her out is the Ascendant. I wanted to come find you became Kai stabbed Bonnie and I don't know how long she'll survive with a stab wound." Rosalie said, pressing her lips together once she was done.

"And who are you?"

"I'm Rosalie...I played a part in Kai killing his family." Rosalie felt sick at the mention of it.

"And you were trapped with Kai? Why didn't I know about you. I was in the prison world for months."

Rosalie's eyes widened a bit. She hadn't realized that. "I stayed clear of Kai, I lived in California most recently. Kai came and got me on Thanksgiving."

Damon sighed. "You don't know anything else about how to get out of there?"

Rosalie shook her head and Damon seemed to be annoyed at that.

"Damon?" They heard a voice behind them.

Rosalie turned around to face a beautiful brown hairs girl. She came up to the door and looked at Rosalie. "I'm Elena. Who are you?"

"I'm Rosalie."

"She was in the Prison World with Kai. Kai is out and he left Bonnie in there alone."

Elena's horrified look made Rosalie feel even worse about letting Kai leave Bonnie there. "We have to get her out! Now!"

"I know. We need to find the Ascendant."

"Kai has the one from the Prison World, but there should be one somewhere here. I'm not sure where it would be." Rosalie bit her lip. "Sorry I can't be of more help."

"Thank you for telling us what you know." Elena smiled kindly.

Rosalie nodded, wanting to tell Elena she didn't deserve her kindness. Instead she said goodbye and left, watching Elena and Damon retreat into the house with worried looks on their faces.