Chapter Thirty || Death

Rosalie smiled at Jo and Alaric. They looked so happy. She wished Kai could see how happy his sister was. Suddenly Jo made a choking noise. Rosalie gasped as a red stain appeared on her dress. Jo fell into Alaric's arms as Kai appeared behind them.

Rosalie stared at Kai, not hearing what he was saying. He was back and he hadn't told her. He looked older and had no sign of empathy on his face. She blinked her eyes and focused on what was happening.

Kai grinned and swung his arms towards the crowd. Rosalie screamed as glass flew in and the force knocked everyone over.

Rosalie landed on her back and felt blood dripping down her forehead.

Rosalie's ears were ringing. She pushed herself up but she could feel glass cutting into her palms.

She touched her head and felt glass fall off her palm. She looked up to see Kai standing with a crazy look on his face. She heard people chanting and turned to see the Gemini coven coming closer to Kai.

"Trying to send me back to the prison world? It's not going to happen." Kai said.

Before Rosalie could even scream Kai had stabbed him self in the neck.

Rosalie propped herself up and stared at him in horror. "Kai." She whispered.

She turned to see everyone falling to the ground. The Gemini coven was dying. Everyone was dying.

Rosalie stumbled to her feet. Her ears were still ringing and she knew she had to get away.

Rosalie ran and stumbled, falling face first into the gravel. She laid there for a while, crying. She didn't know why or what she was doing. She felt her stomach and felt the babies kick, a small amount of relief came from the fact that her babies were okay.

Finally she got up and knew exactly what she wanted to do.

She wanted to find his body but she didn't know if she could handle it. As she neared the room she heard Kai and turned just in time to see him throw Bonnie into the wall.

"Bonnie!" She screamed. She was ready to run at him but Damon appeared she froze as she watched him. She kept her eyes on Bonnie as he left, flabbergasted that he had left her. She went to Bonnie and let her know she was there. She didn't know how to help her.

Kai was ranting like a madman, not noticing Rosalie there yet.

Rosalie then watched as Damon suddenly appeared behind him and hit his head off his body.

It felt like everything was silent, she couldn't feel anything. All her senses were gone.

She could hear the sound of someone screaming.

Damon had taken Bonnie and Rosalie was left on the ground staring at Kai's corpse.

Rosalie felt her screams die down and leave her to her sobs. She stared up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Kai." She sobbed.

She felt her tears slow down as she felt herself go numb. She knew she would be the only one to mourn him.

Rosalie didn't know how long she laid there wishing she could hear his heart beating.

"Rosalie?"

Rosalie slowly lowered her head.

Her two sisters stood in the doorway.

"He's dead." She said, she bit her lip not wanting to cry anymore.

Zeniff was the first to come to her. She kneeled down next to Rosalie and put her arms around her.

Rosalie lost it and she clutched her sister in an effort not to drown in the despair that had taken over her. It was worse then before.

"He told me he changed. I should've fought for him better. I should've done more!" She cried.

"I know Rosalie. I know." Lorelei said. "Let's go."

Rosalie blinked and her sisters disappeared. She screamed again, clutching her chest before she was able to stand up and leave the room. Leaving behind Kai and her past.