Chapter Sixteen || Sickness

The next few days Kai got worse and worse. He was now throwing blood up. Rosalie did her best but she didn't know how to help him.

"I need to see Jo." Kai said one morning.

Rosalie leaned against the doorway, exhausted. "What?" She asked.

"I need to see Jo." Kai sat up and started getting out of bed.

"Kai, you're too sick. And Jo will not want to see you." Rosalie said, moving by him and trying to make him lay back down.

"I know what's wrong. I need to see Jo." Kai said, warning in his voice.

"Fine. Let me get a jacket." Rosalie said, grabbing a jacket and helping him put it on.

She helped hold him up as they made their way to the car. Rosalie helped him in the passenger seat and got in the drivers seat.

She drove them to Jo's and Kai was already out of the car. Rosalie rushed to catch up to him. He knocked on the door and Alaric came to the door. He almost shut it but Kai stopped him.

"Wait. Just...hear me out." Kai said.

"He's sick." Rosalie interrupted. "He needs help."

"Sick?" Jo said from behind Alaric.

"Basically, something is happening because I merged with the wrong twin. Something is going on. I need your help. Because if I die," Kai made eye contact with Jo. "So does everyone."

Jo sighed. "Meet me at the hospital."

------------------

Rosalie nodded, trying to follow along with what Jo and Kai were saying. "I'm magically sick." Kai said, obviously annoyed.

"Magically sick?" Rosalie asked softly, confused.

Kai went to say something but started throwing up. Jo quickly grabbed the garbage can and help it to him. After a second she started groaning.

Alaric quickly pulled her away from Kai, Rosalie pulling him back. "Kai..."

"I didn't mean to do that...but I feel better!"

"That's cause you juice boxed her magic." Alaric glared.

"No. I feel way better." Kai looked up. "That's it!"

"What?" Alaric, Jo, and Rosalie asked at the same time.

"I was supposed to take your magic. Luke's magic isn't going to cut it. You need to give me your magic."

"Kai!" Rosalie said. "You can't-"

Kai interrupted. "Put it in a teddy bear, bed pan, whatever. Just give it to me."

"She doesn't have to."

"Need I remind you that if I die, Jo dies too?" Kai said darkly, getting in Alaric's face.

Rosalie looked and Jo, who looked slightly annoyed. Rosalie pulled Kai back. "Kai...it's still her choice."

Kai sighed. "Let me know what you decide." He said, shoving his way out of the room.

"I'm sorry." Rosalie said to them before rushing after him. "Kai! Wait!" She called.

Kai got to the car and got in the drives seat. Rosalie quickly got in the passengers. "What was that?" Rosalie asked as they pulled away.

"What was what?" Kai asked, glancing over at her.

"That was rude."

"Just because I absorbed Luke's emotions doesn't mean I'm not myself. I'm a sociopath Rosalie. I still." Kai pulled to a stop on the side of the road, agitated. "I know...I know I said I would, I wouldn't hurt you. But it's hard okay? It's hard for me to not...be...evil."

"Kai, I swear."

"I'm not going to hurt you Rosalie!" Kai yelled, grabbing her wrist.

Rosalie looked down at her hand. "Kai, your hurting me." She said shortly.

Kai looked down and let her go. They drove the rest of the way in silence. Rosalie got home and slammed the car door shut, heading inside as fast as she could.

She got to the bathroom and shut the door, locking it. She sat down on the toilet and looked at her now bruised wrist.

"Rosalie," Kai said outside the bathroom. "I'm sorry. I didn't...I didn't mean too."

"I know." Rosalie said, closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"Can you please just open the door?" Kai asked.

"No." Rosalie said.

"Rosalie-" Kai started but his phone rang. He sighed and answered it. "It's Jo." He said after he was done. "I'll be back."

Rosalie didn't answer him, fears springing to her eyes. She felt so stupid crying but she didn't know what she was doing. She thought she was in control of her life but now she didn't know what she was doing.