Chapter Three || Ascendant

Kai started in the middle of his story, obviously having already told Bonnie most of it.

Rosalie watched Kai talk and knew he was planning something. He wouldn't just let Bonnie leave, she was important somehow. Kai hadn't even let Rosalie got and she was nothing to him.

She waited until he was staring intently at Bonnie before she slipped her knife onto her lap. Kai turned to Rosalie and she jumped a bit.

"Shall we show her where it all happened?"

Rosalie stared at him silently.

Kai smirked and stood up, grabbing Rosalie's wrist and pulling her out of the room. "Shall we?" He asked Bonnie.

Rosalie stumbled along behind him as she gave his monologue about killing his family. And she realized what he was going to do as they reached the stump.

Kai looked in the leaves but he didn't see anything.

Rosalie wasn't stupid. She had seen Jo hide the knife. She knew Jo put her magic in it.

Kai stared at the pile for a second before he looked up at Bonnie. "Looks like Rosalie took the knife with Jo's magic in it. But you see, I've seen you do the spell before."

"You still need me to do the spell." Bonnie said, realization dawning on her.

"Run!" Rosalie told her. Rosalie brought the knife towards Kai's throat. Kai turned and grabbed it, yanking her wrist and shoving her to the ground as he shoved the knife into Bonnie.

"I just need your blood." Kai told her.

Rosalie screamed as Bonnie fell onto the grass and Kai yanked her up by her hair.

He dragged her to the house. "Where is the dagger?" He asked, shoving her into the couch and grabbing two zip ties.

"I'm not telling you." Rosalie told him as he crouched down in front of her. She watched him angrily wrap the zip ties around her wrists. He yanked it and it cut into her skin.

Rosalie cried out and she saw Kai pause. Slowly Kai looked up at her. "You want to get out of here don't you?"

Rosalie paused. She did. She really did.

"Not if it means you get back out." She finally said, avoiding his gaze.

Kai chuckled before leaned forward and pressing his lips to Rosalie's. It was like every part of her was on fire. She wanted him so much. She had missed him, craved his touch. Rosalie felt her hands grab his shirt and pull him closer. She missed him so much.

Kai pulled away, his lips barely away from Rosalie's lips.

Rosalie's eyes were closed still.

"Where is the knife Rosalie?" Kai asked. "Tell me and I'll kiss you again, we can do whatever we want. Just give me the knife."

Rosalie shook her head, feeling tears under her eyelids. She wanted to tell him. She wanted him to be happy.

"I can't let you out Kai. You killed your own family. You trapped her here for 19 years."

"I know. I'm sorry....how about this. You let me out and I wont kill anyone. I'll just leave." Rosalie felt his hand on her cheek. "You can come with me. We can do all the things we wanted."

Rosalie opened her eyes and looked at him. He was so sincere. His eyes stared at her intently, he promised her. He just told her he would stop. He pulled her close. Rosalie wanted to much to believe him. She felt his lips trace their way from her neck to her lips.

"Promise?" She mumbled, finally giving in.

She felt Kai's smirk against her lips as she told him where she hid it. After she told him she expected him to leave but instead he pulled her up and kept kissing her.

-------------------

Rosalie woke up in a hotel room. Kai was no where to be seen. She remembered what happened.

Her and Kai had gotten in the car and drove back to California for the dagger. Once he had it he had taken her to a fancy restaurant, made her dinner, then taken her to the hotel.

Rosalie groaned inwardly at what had happened next. She yanked the sheet off the bed and looked for her clothes. She couldn't find them anywhere. The room was completely clean. She grabbed the sheet and wrapped it around her. "Kai?" She called out.

There was no response.

Rosalie sighed and walked out of the hotel room. She crept along the hallway. Kai had left her. She knew it. She should've never trusted him. It was another mistake. Every time Kai wanted her to something it happened.

She heard a noise and whipped around. Her lips met Kai's before she pulled back surprised.

"We're leaving. I got you this." Kai held up a beautiful summer dress.

Rosalie slowly grabbed the dress as Kai handed her a shoe box. "Meet me outside in ten minutes."

Rosalie took the dress inside as Kai walked off whistling.

She put on the dress and slipped on the shoes before finding a brush in the bathroom. She brushed her hair and put it into a pony tail before she headed down.

Kai was sitting on top of a car when she came out. He smiled at her and rolled off the car.

When she reached him he kissed her on the lips. She melted into the kiss before they got into the car. He hadn't lied. He hadn't left her.

"Once we get back, I'm going to marry you as soon as possible." Kai told her as they started driving.

Rosalie smiled and looked down at the ring on her finger.

She felt so happy when she was with Kai but somewhere in the back of her mind she could hear Kai saying he love didn't love her and she knew it couldn't last. She pushed the voice away and focused on the feeling of Kai's hand in her own and the way he was stroking her hand.