Chapter Fourteen || Beginnings

Kai came to see Rosalie a lot during the next few weeks. He was very quiet about what he was doing but he talked to her about everything else. He also never pushed it, if Rosalie told him to leave - he did. He never tried to touch or kiss her either. Rosalie had told her sisters the same night she told Kai. They were excited for her but wary of Kai.

Lorelei was extremely sassy and rude when he came over but Rosalie knew that they were warming up to each other, she was actually believing that he had changed.

It was the end of January when Zeniff invited Kai over for dinner. Rosalie decided to stay in bed until Lorelei dragged her out and made her get ready. She ended up in a pink maternity dress and Lorelei had curled her hair.

Rosalie already had a small baby bump and she knew it was noticeable. Kai showed up right on time and Rosalie answered the door.

"I want to show you your surprise after dinner tonight."

Rosalie nodded slowly and shut the door. Kai had never tried to take her anywhere. They went into the dinning room as Zeniff finished putting the food on the table.

"Let's eat!" She said.

Everyone sat down around the table and dug in. Zeniff was questioning Kai while they ate and Kai was answering back his normal charming answers. Dinner was almost over when it all went downhill.

"How do we know you won't go back to your old self and hurt Rosalie?" Zeniff asked.

Rosalie looked up from her food and quickly looked at Kai. Kai finished chewing and took a drink. Everyone at the table was watching him.

"Before I merged with Luke I couldn't love and I didn't feel remorse. Luke had passed on his feelings to me. Now that I have feelings I know that I love Rosalie and I could never hurt her."

Rosalie glanced at her sister. Zeniff seemed doubtful but she smiled through it. "Great. Dessert?"

"Actually, I have a surprise for Rosalie. I wanted to go before it gets too late."

Zeniff nodded as Rosalie got up from the table. "I'll see you guys later." She said, giving a meaningful glance to Zeniff. Rosalie got her coat before she left with Kai. She was surprised when he walked past his car and headed down the street.

Rosalie caught up to him.

"What you said in there. Did Luke really give you feelings?"

Kai looked like he was considering her question. She felt his hand hesitantly intertwine with her. She let him, but didn't do anything else.

"Partly. I don't think I have full emotions like everyone else. I still have my natural urges."

"Urges like you want to mess with me again? Or hurt your family?"

"Yes." Kai said and she was surprised at his honesty. "Sometimes the feelings are stronger then other times."

"Kai I don't want to be hurt again. I...I can do it."

Kai squeezed her hand. "I'm trying Rosalie. I really am. Luke obviously was in love before because every time I see you I get this feeling like I can't imagine my life without you. I get butterflies and all I want to do is just kiss you." He paused. "Is this what you felt like?"

Rosalie actively avoided looking at Kai and she shrugged. Kai had no idea what he did to her. Every time he looked at her she felt like everything else faded away. Every time he touched her sparks raced across her skin. Every time she thought about him her stomach flip flopped.

"Rosalie?"

"I was in love Kai. It felt like that plus a million times. When you told me you had just been messing with me it hurt. I never wanted to see you again." Rosalie stopped, caught up. She turned to face him. Their hands were intertwined as she moved them around. " I never wanted to see you again but when I did see you it's like it all fades away. No matter what my resolve was whenever you kissed me or told me you loved me it all went away. You told me you couldn't love and still I wished every night I could kiss you. You are my weakness Kai. No matter what you do I will always love you."

Kai was staring at her with something almost like wonder in his eyes.

Rosalie took a deep breath before she felt Kai's arms snake around her waist and then she was kissing him and everything was perfect.

Kai pulled away and grabbed her hand. "I still have something to show you."

Rosalie followed Kai for a few minutes down the road. He stopped in front of a small house. Rosalie looked at him confused. "It's yours."

"What?" Rosalie asked him.

"I bought it and fixed it up." He pulled her too the door and then entered. It was bare but Rosalie could smell the paint.

Kai took her upstairs and opened the door to a random room. Rosalie entered and looked around. It was painted a pastel green and had a baby crib in the corner and baby supplies scattered across the room.

Kai smiled as Rosalie walked around the room. "This is amazing." She said.

"I wanted it to be special for you. You want to see our room?"

Rosalie was touching the crib and when she heard him she froze then slowly turned to him. "Our room?"

Kai nodded and pulled her out of the room.