Chapter Twenty-Nine || Forever

The next few weeks passed faster then Rosalie thought they would. Rosalie spent her days reading and Jo would visit her, sometimes bringing Alaric and sometime bringing Elena. Rosalie had finally become okay with her existence. She was making friends and Elena was helping her get more out there instead of staying her introverted self.

It was a Sunday when Elena invited Rosalie to dinner with her and Damon.

Rosalie got dressed and headed out to where Elena was picking her up. Damon was in the car and he opened the back door for her. Rosalie got inside and Damon got in the passenger seat. "Hey Rosalie. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine."

"Good. So I might have lied."

Rosalie looked at the two confused.

"Jo is having a bachelorette party and we want you there!"

"Yay!" Damon mocked.

"I didn't realize it was so close." Rosalie laughed. "I should've asked."

"You've been busy." Elena grinned at Rosalie, glancing at her stomach.

Rosalie smiled and rubbed her stomach. "What are we planning?"

Elena grinned. "We hired a stripper to pretend to be a police officer and we are going to scare her." Rosalie listened eagerly as Elena told Rosalie her plan. Rosalie loved it.

"I'm sorry I left Bonnie in the prison world." Rosalie said, as they neared the hospital.

"I know you are. Bonnie might not be ready to forgive but I am."

Rosalie smiled. "Thanks Elena."

Elena smiled. "Let's go throw a party!"

Rosalie had the time of her life that night. She ended up heading home early and she decided to write a letter to Kai.

Kai,

I love you. I always have. I always will. But part of me knows that there a deep dark part of you that will always be the Kai Parker I knew. And part of me knows these emotions are not real. They are Luke's.

I don't blame you for what you did. I forgave you a long time ago. You hurt me and that's okay. I understand now.

These babies will be here soon and I know that I am going to have to raise them without you and that hurts. It hurts me and I wish I could have you back.

I wish you were still here but I know somewhere you are stuck in a prison world with no way of getting out. I'm sorry I couldn't save you.

I'm sorry that I didn't try harder. But since you have been gone I've realized something.

I am my own person. When I was younger all I wanted was someone to love me. I was a disappointment to my parents and you made me feel like the only girl in the world.

I fell in love and let that love control me. I let my heart choose you every time even when it was wrong. I can't do that anymore. I can't be that blind anymore.

I'm starting new. I'm starting fresh. I have friends. I have a good life. I have Elena and Jo. And they are amazing. I'm doing okay without you. I didn't think I would be able to live in a world that you aren't but I've found that I can.

If you ever come back and I see you again I hope I can make the right decision. I hope if you find this letter you understand what you put me through.

I'm glad I went through it because it means that I am strong. It made me who I am so I am grateful for that Kai.

I love you and I always will. I've forgiven you for what you did to me. There is one person I haven't forgiven. And I need to do it so I can move on.

I forgive myself. I forgive myself for not helping Jo. For letting you kill your family. For everything after.

I forgive myself. I'm free. I don't want to be held back by guilt and now I'm not. I'm free to live my life the way I want to. The way my sisters would've wanted. The way I think you would've wanted, if you actually loved me.

I forgive myself.

Love,

Rosalie.