Chapter Twelve || Distraction

Rosalie called Zeniff to come pick her up and then went with them, wondering what they were going to do with Kai. They told her they were going to keep him drugged until Jo was ready to merge with him. Rosalie didn't know what to say to she just let them be and waited outside for Zeniff.

"You look tired." Zeniff said as Rosalie got in the car.

"I am. How was your dinner?"

"Not as exciting as you're night, I'm sure. What happened?"

"Kai kidnapped Elena. I was going to help them. They have Kai unconscious right now."

"That's good right? That means he can't hurt you."

Rosalie nodded. "Yeah. That's true."

Zeniff grinned. "Lorelei and Karina want us all to go visit some placed around here together. Just some of their favorite spots around town. It's my day off and I told them you wouldn't mind."

"Of course not, I think that will be fun!" Rosalie said.

Zeniff grinned. "Great. They'll be excited to hear it."

Rosalie nodded and felt herself nodding off in the warm car. She fell asleep listening to the soft music that was familiar to her.

--------------------

Rosalie woke up the next morning in her bed, confused as she didn't remember leaving the car. It was the first time she had actually slept in her own bed and it seemed weird. She was used to waking up with Zeniff by her side. She didn't like sleeping in her own room, it reminded her too much of the prison world.

Rosalie quickly got up and got dressed, heading out into the kitchen. All her sisters were awake and sitting at the table with waffles and coffee.

"Morning." Rosalie said.

"Morning!" Lorelei replied cheerfully, sliding a plate over to Rosalie. "Zeniff said you were spending the day with us. Is it true?"

"Yes. Of course." Rosalie said with a smile. "I love spending time with you guys."

Lorelei smiled happily. "Good. Because we like spending time with you."

Rosalie smiled at her words. Once she finished her breakfast Zeniff packed them all up in the car. "Where are we going first?" Rosalie asked.

"It's a surprise." Karina responded gleefully.

Rosalie laughed and relaxed in here seat. They spent they day driving around town, Lorelei and Karina pointing out every little thing and telling a story about it. Zeniff added in some of her own but the bulk of the stories were from the two younger sisters. They talked about their first kisses, the time Lorelei totaled the car, when Karina got caught after hours in the zoo. Rosalie loved spending time with her sisters and learning about everything, but another part of her was pained. She had missed all of this because of Kai.

She wasn't angry with her sisters, or even with Jo's dad. He was just trying to protect his family. She was angry with herself for letting herself fall so far in love with Kai that she was willing to stand by while he killed his own family. It made her so angry she wanted to sneak into Damon's house and kill Kai.

It also scared her because she had never felt that much anger for anyone before. She had disliked someone, even got angry, but she had never hated someone so much she wanted to actually kill them, though she wasn't sure she would be able to kill him even if she wanted to.

Sometimes Rosalie felt helpless around Kai and others she felt like raging at him. She didn't know what was so wrong with her that whenever Kai even looked at her, her knees went weak. It scared her and she hated feeling helpless.

"You aright?" Zeniff asked Rosalie as they watched their sisters play in the fountain. "I'm just sad that I missed them growing up." She paused before looking at Zeniff. "I missed you growing up too. All because I thought I was in love."

Zeniff held Rosalie's hand. "You were in love. He may not have been in love with you but you were with him. Sometimes we can't control who we love. I watched Mom push every bit of love away, it would make sense that you would want to relish every piece of love you got. Kai gave you what you thought was love at the time. In reality, it's mom's fault."

Rosalie smiled. "Thanks Zeniff." She said, though she wasn't sure she believed her.