Chapter Twenty || New Orleans

Rosalie fell asleep on the train ride there but she still woke up with time to spare. She fiddled with her phone as she waited to get to New Orleans. She almost jumped out of her skin when her phone rang. Kai's name popped up on the screen.

Slowly Rosalie raised the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm doing something." Rosalie answered.

Kai was silent for a minute. "I will do a locator spell on you Rosalie. Where are you?"

"I'll be back soon Kai. Just let me do this."

"You're pregnant and running away. What happened?"

Rosalie bit her lip. "Nothing happened Kai. I just have something I need to do."

"You're pregnant with twins aren't you?"

Rosalie felt like she had been socked in the stomach and she couldn't find the words to answer.

"Rosalie, I already told you I would never hurt your babies."

"What if you're lying!" Rosalie burst out. "You've lied so many times. How do I know you aren't lying about this. How do I know you aren't going to murder my babies so you can keep  your powers."

"Rosalie." Kai said and he sounded like he was about ready to flip out. "How many times do I have to tell you-"

Rosalie realized they were nearing her stop and she didn't want Kai to know where she was going. "I have to go." She said hanging up on him.

The train announced that they were there and Rosalie exited. She looked around and realized she didn't really know where to go. She headed down the street and looked around curiously.

"Can I help you?"

Rosalie turned around. A girl with long brown hair and bright eyes stared at her. "What?"

"You look confused. I was wondering if I could help you."

"I'm looking for Camille O'Connell, do you know where I can find her?"

"Cami? I know Cami." The girl smiled. "I'm Davina."

Rosalie nodded. "Rosalie."

"How do you know Cami?"

"She's my cousin. I need some help, I really need to find her."

"I can take you too her. Follow me."

"Thank you!" Rosalie said, following the young girl through the streets of New Orleans. Everything was festive and joyous. Rosalie almost didn't register the girl going inside a building.

Cami stood behind the bar giving a drink to a costumer. Davina walked over to her and pointed at Rosalie.

Cami walked around the bar. "Rosalie?"

Rosalie nodded and Cami hugged her tightly. "What are you doing here?" Cami asked.

"I need your help." Rosalie said.

Cami nodded. "Let's go to my apartment." She yelled something at someone and then took Rosalie's arm and took her to her apartment. They sat down and Cami got Rosalie a drink. "First you are going to have to tell me why you still look 20 when you should be at least 36."

Rosalie told her what happened and was surprised that Cami believed her.

"You're pregnant." Cami stated slowly. Rosalie nodded. "And you think Kai is tricking you and wants to kill your babies."

Rosalie nodded and Cami leaned back , thinking about it for a moment. "I don't know Rosalie. That's complicated. The only way you could find out would be test him and see how he reacts. But that isn't the right thing to do with you pregnant."

Rosalie sighed.

"I'm sorry Rosalie."

Rosalie smiled. "It's okay Cami. I should be headed back anyway."

Rosalie stood up just as the door burst in. Rosalie gaped at Kai who was standing in the doorway.

"Kai?"

Kai rushed in looked Rosalie over. "Are you okay?"

"Why are you here?"

"Why did you run?"

"Who are you?" Cami asked, she had stood up and gotten closed to Rosalie.

"Cami this is Kai. Kai this is my cousin Cami."

Cami stuck her hand out. "Nice to meet you." She said as he shook her hand.

"You're who Rosalie came to see?"

"Yes. Let's go home." Rosalie said. "Thank you Cami."

Rosalie gave Cami a hug and smiled at her before she left with Kai. Kai had driven his car and he helped her inside.

"Why would you run away like that? I was so worried! I have never been that worried before! Or worried at all!"

Rosalie's hands rested on her stomach. "I'm sorry." She said quietly.

"I." Kai struggled for a few minutes to say what he meant before he fell silent. Rosalie rested her face against the car window and watched the scenery pass. "Rosalie. I love you. Nothing will change that. You understand?"

Rosalie slowly nodded. "You've told me." She said softly.

"I won't hurt your children. I would never do that to you."

Rosalie didn't answer, contemplating what she should even say.

The rest of the ride was silent as they drove back to their house. Kai's hand found hers somewhere during the ride and Rosalie ended up falling asleep.