Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Wh- what are you doing here?" I stumbled over my words. I couldn't believe he was in front of my eyes. This despicable man could not be at my door. This was not real

"I just came to see my babygirls" he explained while pushing past me forcefully. He stepped inside taking in his surroundings. He studied everything from the wallpaper torn walls to the crusty floors. I just stood there in disgust. How could he pretend like everything was all right, like he had the right to be here.

I hated this man, or my daddy as I should say, but he wasn't much of that, more of a sperm donor. That may be harsh to say but it was the truth. I haven't liked him as long as I've known him. When I was younger he wasn't even around for anyone to like him let alone know him I watched all my friends and little girls play and spend time with their daddy's while I wondered if mine even existed. I would always wonder how it would be to have a daddy. I yearned to have the chance to be a daddy's girl. Depend on him when I needed him and all that stuff. Mama was the one to play that role.

One my 16th birthday, which wasn't but a couple years back he showed up at the door, begging for money. Typical. My mama tried hard to get him out the house but he put up a fight. They argued, and yelled, and fought. He ended up stealing half of the emergency money that my mother kept. That was one of the worst birthdays of my life. I didn't really understand why he would even ask he for anything. She always told me that they didn't have contact at all which I knew was a lie from off the bat.

After that he came around always causing problems. Every time he comes around there's nothing but arguing. He was in my nightmares from time to time, and he didn't even come to the funeral when she died. I didn't understand him at all.

"What do you want?" I hissed his way. He looked at me. His eyes bored into mine. I stared back. No words came out of neither of us. I saw the selfishness in his eyes. "I need some money" he admitted in defeat.

I rolled my eyes, so predictable. As much as I hated him I always hoped he would change and everything would be okay, but I was finally realizing he was nothing but a selfish addict that would never see the light

I walked to the kitchen ignoring his request, but still keeping my eyes on him. I couldn't risk anything else getting stolen. He stayed put, while breathing heavily. Probably all the drugs. "Get out this damn house" I hissed in a low monotones voice

"girl you better watch that mouth before I slap you in it!!"

He wouldn't dare lay a hand on me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"I will call the police." I said hoping to scare him off.

"They ain't gon give a damn" he had a point they weren't, but I wasn't about to let this bastard stay in this house, so I stuck to my point and pulled out my cell phone. "I will anyway"

He sighed

"are you gon lone me some money or not I don't have time for this."

I placed my phone on the counter. "You sound so pathetic asking your 17 year old daughter for money, like what? Get the fuck out of my face"

He clenched his teeth and balled his fist as if he was going to do something. He didn't.

there was a sudden knock at the door. I went over to it still keeping my eyes on the man. I opened the door revealing Tommy's jubilant face "Tommy where have you been you're late" I exclaimed. He pushed past me and walked into the house. "Mrs. Watson took us to McDonalds" he said shrugging. He walked into the kitchen seeing the hated mans face. "Whose that" he whispered to me. Tommy had a different father so he didn't know this man.