Fantasizing

4 months ago

"I'm sorry but your mother, Paula Rice, died of pneumonia not too long ago." The doctor mumbled with is head facing down. At that moment I dropped to my knees and sobbed endless sobs that I couldn't control. I wouldn't be able to live with out my mother. She was the only thing that gives me hope, and now she's gone. gone forever.

Dawn, my sister, stood above me rubbing my back as I caught tears in my hands. Mama was everything to both of us. I took my hands from off my face and looked up at her. Tears escaped from her eyes.

I got up from my knees and pulled her into a hug. I cried in her shoulder and she cried into mine. Me and my sister weren't that close, but she was always there when I needed her. We stayed like this for a while, before I felt a small hand tap on my leg.

I looked down to see my poor little brother, Tommy "What's wrong?" he asked with a frown on his face. I could see the innocence in his eyes. I bent down so we were eye level. I wiped away a faint tear that was still on my cheek.

I opened my mouth to speak to Tommy but the words wouldn't come out. I didn't know how to tell him, I couldn't tell him. I sniffed and finally begin to speak "Uhmm mama is gone Tommy" I said in between sobs he looked at me with confusion.

I brought him into a tight bear hug letting the tears flow again. They were uncontrollable, it's been so long since I've cried like this. Tommy slowly pushed himself out of my embrace. "When is she coming back?" he asked in his high pitched little voice. I covered my mouth while more tears flowed down my face.

I felt Dawn kneel down beside me. She looked into Tommy's eyes "She's not coming back Tommy, she's gone to heaven" She said slowly. Dawn was always the strongest of the three of us. I couldn't have said that especially to my little brother.

Tommy's face went sad, but no tears came out. I looked up noticing the doctor was still there. He stood tall watching the scene unfold in front of him. "Can we see her?" I asked between sniffs again. "I'm sorry I'm afraid I can't let you do that." He said while shaking his head from left to right.

"BUT THAT WAS OUR MAMA" I heard Dawn scream from behind my back "WE HAVE TO SEE HER" She continued.

"I understand that she was very dear to you, but immediately after the patient dies we are instructed to take her directly to the morgue where she will be treated. You three are going to have to wait until further notice to see her. I'm sorry" the doctor explained to us. Dawn started to yell again but I covered her mouth with my hand and nodded to the doctor.

The doctor disappeared out of the waiting room, and the three of us went back to sit down.

What would we do without our mama?

A/N: Thanks for reading ! This was a prologue/flashback (hence the italics), but vote, keep reading, and let me know what you think! I appreciate it