Chapter 20

Chapter 20

For the rest of the day my mind wondered on what Ian would say, I mean he can't just call out of the blue like that and then hang up. I debated on texting him and asking, but then voted against it remembering that I'm trying to get over him.

A part of me really hates Ian. First I love him, it seems like everything is going amazing, then he stops talking to me for god know what reason, and then I find out that he's with my ex best friend, and then he buys me an expensive bracelet and basically says he'll wait on me.

I don't even know how I'm suppose to feel about that. It's like on and off with him, and I just want to be done. I sigh out of frustration, I really need to clear my mind. I threw on some sweats and a t shirt and sat back in my bed flicking through the channels

I came across a "Cosby Show" episode and stopped there. Mama and I watched this show all the time when I was little. She would always say I reminded her of Olivia, and I would always laugh. Gosh I missed her.

After a few minutes I get another call. Who else could be calling me? This is ridiculous. I pick up the phone and an unknown number flashed across the screen. I answered it reluctantly.

"Where are you?!" I heard Dawn's familiar voice on the phone. I sighed in frustration, out of everything in my life Dawn was the absolute last thing I was thinking about, but now that I think about it she was apart of the reason that I had left Chicago in the first place.

I hesitated to speak. I knew she couldn't hurt me over the phone, but apart of me was still scared.

"I-I'm gone Dawn" I stuttered into the phone. I heard heavy breathing and then something break. "Where the fuck did you go?" she almost yelled into the phone. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it as if she could see me.

"What do you mean where? That is none of your business." I grew angrier and angrier as I continued to be on the phone with her. She had no right to talk to me like that first of all, and she doesn't even ever be around me so why does it matter where I am in the first place?

I swear, if I had died she wouldn't notice till a week later. "Zen, just tell me where the fuck you are, I don't have time for any games." she said calmer this time. "I'm in Phoenix" I answered mimicking her tone.

I knew it was against everything she had ever asked to just up and leave without even mentioning it to her, but it was something I had to do for me and she needs to respect that.

"YOU'RE WHERE?!" She yelled in to the phone. I didn't really feel she deserved an explanation so I just sighed.

"Who the fuck told you, you could just leave this damn house like that? You have fucking bills to pay" she said with apparent anger in her voice. "YOU have bills to pay, I am not about to be doing that shit alone, all of that is your resp-" she interrupted me by ending the call. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone back on the bed.

I did not have time for Dawn today, I just couldn't take the fact that she thinks she runs my life when she can't even take control of her own.

__

I walked into my granny's room holding a glass of water. All day she's been complaining about pain in her limbs. I asked if she needed to go to the doctor, but she went against it. I was just really worried about her.

"Here you go granny" I said as I placed the class of cool water on her nightstand.
"Thank you sweetheart" she replied. I sat down at the edge of her bed, and watched as she took a sip from her glass.

"Are you sure you're okay granny? You know I won't hesitate to get you help" I said breaking the brief moment of silence. "Yes baby, it's just a little cramps, I'll be fine" I nodded and took this time to leave the room, she looked like she could use some rest.