Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Damn girl be still" Carmen yelled putting on my makeup. It was Saturday night and we were going out as planned. I had been thinking about this night all week. Even though I wasn't all that excited I needed to get out. It's been too long.

I had just got out the shower and Carmen had offered to do my hair and makeup, because I knew I wouldn't be able to manage by myself so I let her do what she did.

There was this party tonight and it's been talked about for weeks. I knew it was gon be poppin'

I don't get out too much so it took Carmen awhile to make me go. I loved her and all but she was too wild when it came to parties. I knew the end of my night would result in me dragging a drunken Carmen on my shoulder and then tending to her 'Sickness' all day Sunday. Honestly I would prefer watching reruns and eating ice cream.

"Girl I need to find me a dark chocolate tonight" she exclaimed adding the finishing touches.

"Whatever Car" I giggled. "I just know your ass needs to be careful tonight"

"Zen, you act like my damn momma. I got me.

I rolled my eyes and looked at myself in the mirror. Carmen may be crazy, but she was a Pro at cosmetics. "Damn Car, you did this" she grinned "Well I try"

"And what happened to Dre?" I asked recalling what she had said about finding a man.

She had a new boy every other week. She wasn't a hoe or nothing just gorgeous. Boys got on their knees begging for her and she turned them down with no hesitation, but sometimes she might meet 'right one for the moment'

"Uhg, I had to let him go, too much of a momma's boy. I just couldn't deal." I chuckled in understanding "Mhm and while you on your search find me one too" I said. "Ooo girl yesss, you need to get your mind off Manny's bum ass anyway." "Shut up" I said and begin to get ready.

Once me and Car was done we looked over ourselves in the full body mirror. I examined the outfit Carmen had picked out for me. I wore a peach peplum top and black bubble shorts showing off my smooth brown legs. Since I wasn't the type of girl that never wore heels often it was a little uncomfortable but, I wore peach studded wedges. I topped it off with gold accessories. It was cute with the makeup and hair which was straightened to perfection and reached mid shoulder. I didn't look too young or too old but just right. Carmen wore a basic lime green crop top and a leather skirt. Her shoes were also wedges, but plain black. She also wore gold accessories.

Her curves showed off perfectly and her sandy brown hair was in its natural wavy state and reached her back. "Girl we too cute" she said reading my mind. "I did damn good" she said looking us over once again.

"You ready?" she asked "Yeah let's go"

Once was got to the party we got out the car and walked up to the house. I heard the music blurred from the outside. That was Beyonce's "Drunk in Love" from my position. "Oooo this my song" Carmen said singing along and doing a dance. "Come on" I gigged pulling her inside.

It was hella live. Everybody was here, but one specific person caught my eye.

Manny

I attempted to walk the other way and avoid him. I looked around for Carmen, but she had disappeared from my side and was nowhere to be seen. Before I knew it Manny had grabbed my arm and pulled me to his chest.

Manny's P.O.V

I pulled Zen to my chest and gripped her arm. "Manny that hurts. STOP" she said with fear in her eyes. I loosened my grip and pulled her to the far corner of the room. I trapped her petite body with mine against the wall. "Hey baby you look good as hell tonight" I slurred. "Manny, move your ass out the way" she yelled. I ignored her and lifted my drink to my mouth and took another gulp of whatever was in my red cup. "Are you drinking?" She asked sounding surprised. "And if I am? Damn stop being uptight" I told her. She rolled her eyes and once again tried to push away from me. I pushed her hard against the wall. She winced in pain then stood there with an angry look in her eyes.