Chapter 30

Happy Valentines day my loves! 

Dawn in the MM 

Chapter 30

As I sped home at full speed I could only imagine the worst. What if she was selling him for drugs? What if she beat him to death? What if she kidnapped him and robbed us?

No positive could come with Dawn back in the picture. She was the devil in disguise. She brings nothing but stress and bad news to my life.

"Zen slow the fuck down" King said, holding on to the arm rest like his life was in danger. That only made me want to go faster, but he was right I needed to slow down before I got a ticket and that would take up even more of my time.

I went at regular speed all the way home. The ride was horribly silent, because I was too consumed in my thoughts to even try to talk to King.

I hate that King is in the middle of all my problems. First Ian, then my granny and now this. I hope this doesn't hurt our friend ship.

I didn't recognized Dawn's car in the driveway. It looked like a rental. I took a deep breath and prepared for the pain and remorse I was about to endure when I saw Dawn.

I used my key to unlock the door and slowly pushed it open. As soon as I walked in the strong smell of homemade fried chicken hit my nose.

My nervousness went down a level, but I was still on edge. As I walked closer to the kitchen I heard voices.

"I really missed y'all too." I heard Dawn say.

"Are you really staying?" Tommy's excited voice yelled.

I walked in the kitchen before Dawn could respond. Dawn and Tommy's eyes landed on mine.

I took Dawn's appearance in. She looked good, or at least better than the last time I saw her. Her eyes still had bags under them, but she wasn't the skinny woman I left back in Chicago. She had a little more meat on her and her hair was done nicely. She looked oddly ... Well.

I plaster a fake smile on my face as I walked in and sat in the empty seat at the table. King walked in after me and stood behind me.

"Hey Zen" Dawn smiled.

I didn't return the expression. I just looked down at my hands and mumbled a soft greeting back.

There was an awkward silence after that, but the tension was evident in the air. It's not that I hated Dawn. I just hated what she became. I really wish she would've gotten control of herself and maybe things could've went a little differently.

Out of nowhere Dawn cleared her throat and looked around the table.

"I want y'all to come back. Even granny. I have everything together now and I really want us to have a better life in Chicago."

I started blankly at her, not even believe what she was saying. She could not just come waltzing back in here and demanding things. Especially not after what she put us through. I refuse to let that happen.

"Tommy can you go in your room and play? I have to talk to your sister" I said, smiling at him. He hesitated at first, but then nodded slowly and ran up the stairs to his room.

As soon as we were out of ear shot I glared at Dawn.

"Hell no" I protested.

At first she looked taken aback, but she quickly gathered and looked at me.

"Look Zen I know I've had my problem in the past, but there is no reason for you to stay here. Our lives are back in Chicago. Our friends, family, and everything"