Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"How does this look?" I asked King holding a dress up to my front. He silently looked up from his phone. He gave me a slight nod and and looked back down at his phone, causing me to roll my eyes. Since I didn't have any real girl friends, I asked King if he'd want to come to the mall with me. I know it was silly bringing a boy to the mall to help me pick out clothes, but King was the only real friend I had right now. Since our little outing about a week ago, we've talked like best friends. Granny even invited him out with us on thanksgiving, since she didn't cook.

King was laid back and chill, never really uptight, stressed, or worried. He was very honest, and wouldn't lie to anyone at all, no matter how much he hurt their feelings. Sometimes it could be a little rude, but I respected it. He just simply didn't care about anyone's feelings like that. He always stuck by the truth. He wasn't very open though. He was always a little secretive about his where abouts and family, but that was fine with me. I didn't need to know all that anyway.

"King! Can you please pay attention to me for ten seconds?" I whined.

He looked up from his phone, and stared at me for a good two minutes. I smacked my lips,"I really can't stand you sometimes."

"Aight Zen. What yo crybaby ass want me to pay attention to? You got me in this girly ass store." I couldn't help but smile a lttle when he caught an attitude. That was another thing I found myself liking about King. His whole demeanor really turned me onto him.

He mugged me,"I don't know what you laughing at, cause I don't see a damn thing funny."

I rolled my eyes at him."I don't know who you think you talking to but since I got your attention, you like this... or naw?" I laughed.

"Yea, it look good Zen." he responded, before glancing down at his phone once more. he didn't even look at it that enough to know. "King, I'm serious! My god." I huffed really loud, getting irritated now "You know what forget it." I placed the dress back on the rack.

He smacked his lips,"Mane, aight Zen go try it on, so I can see how it look on you." I shyly smirked. I already knew what I was doing. He gotta little soft spot for me.

"You sure? Cause we can just go get some-"

"Zen, go try the shit on, before I change my mind," he cut me off. I was slick taken back by the way he talked to me sometimes, but I was getting used to it.

"Alright, whatever," I rolled my eyes, as we made our way to the dressing rooms. Once I was in the room, I stripped out of my clothes, and slipped into the dress. It fit my body like a glove, displaying all my curves. I loved it.

"Uhhh, King?" I poked my head from out the door.

"Wassup?" he looked up from his phone. He was always in that damn phone, it never failed. "Zip me up?" He nodded, and walked over to the door. He moved my hair out the way before zipping the dress. "Soooo, do you like?" I asked giving him a little twirl.

"Shiddd, you should've tried it on earlier. If you don't buy that, Ima buy it for you. As a matter of fact, I am buying it for you." he rubbed his hands together. It was obvious where his eyes were, and they weren't anywhere near my face.

I giggled,"You are such a damn perv King!"

"Whatever Zen. You knew what you was doing when you asked a nigga to zip you up. I can't help it. " he said still looking at my body.

"Okay, damn you can stop now" I said shoving him away from the dressing room. "Just unzip this" He did as he was told and left me to put my clothes back on.

I slipped out of the dress and on all of my clothes. I took the dress and a few other items that I had tried on before. Since King was offering to pay I couldn't just turn him down, especially since I was absolutely dying to have this dress. I didn't want to be gold digger or anything though, cause I was never one of those.