Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Zen P.O.V

We left the doctors office with heavy hearts, my granny does have lupus. I did not want to go through another disease taking away some one else I loved, but I had no choice. I just hoped there was still a way she could be treated. I hope I won't have to lose her. It would be a lonely life.

I sucked it up as I continued the drive home with my granny on the passengers side and Tommy sitting in the backseat. The car ride was silent, and that's exactly what I needed. I've been emotional as fuck lately, and I just needed to chill with everything. There needed to be some change.

I pulled into the driveway and killed the engine. I got out the car first, and watched as both granny and Tommy got after me. Tomorrow was Thanksgiving and neither of them seemed excited about it. I don't even know if granny's going to cook, and if she didn't that wouldn't be too much of a Thanksgiving day.

"Zen, I have something for you before we go in the house." She said plastering a fake smile on her face. I looked at her a little confused. There wasn't much that could cheer either of us up at this moment, and I couldn't think of anything she'd get me. She pulled the keys from me and opened the garage door with the keypad, revealing a beautiful brand new BMW convertible. My eyes grew wide and my heart beat so fast. This could not be real "Oh my gosh!" I nearly screamed to the top of my lungs.

This had to be a dream, I thought as I ran my hands against the car's exterior. "Are you for real this is mine?!" I exclaimed. I couldn't even believe my eyes right now. "Yes ma'am it's all yours" granny said as she leaned up against her own car watching me bask over the glory of mine. "Where did you get the money for this?" I asked on astonishment

I mean my granny had money, but I didn't know she had this much. "I pulled it out of my traveling fund, I won't be going many places anyway"

My smiled dropped to a slight frown. I understood what she was saying, and I wanted to sympathize with her, but I just couldn't at the moment. I ran over to her and gave her a bear hug, while grabbing the keys out of her hand. "Thank you granny" I said. She nodded and took Tommy's hand and walked in the house.

I looked at my new car, studying it carefully. The outside was a flawless silver color, and the inside had khaki leather seats. The top was already down, which was perfect, because it was a nice day out. I opened the door and sat inside. This was my own car. My first car. I screamed in joy, before putting the keys in the ignition and backing out of the garage.

I couldn't wait to get my baby on the road. I rode around the block once, seeing it was empty as always, and testing how I felt in my new car driving. It was perfect then I thought about King, and how I haven't heard from him since I gave him my number about four days ago. I mean what does that mean? Does he not like me, or am I going to just be a booty call, cause if so I can't have that shit. A part of me really wanted him to call, but another part of me didn't want to get into anything new with another boy. I rendered the thought as I punched in something on my new GPS. It was time for change, something new. A new city, a new car, a new me. It was time to finally except my new life.

I turned left making my way to the hair salon that my cell phone recommended. I parked my car and walked inside. The smell of shampoo and haircuts hit my nose, which was kind of refreshing. I walked over to the lady at the counter and looked at her as she was typing away on the computer.

"Um, excuse me" I said catching her attention. "Yes, How may I help you?" she replied plastering a smile on her face. "Um, just a walk in, how soon can I be seated?" I asked hoping it wouldn't be too long. She looked behind her seeing if there were any empty chairs left, and then turned back to me. "Right now, follow me?" I did as I was told and followed her to an empty chair that belonged to a young girl that looked only a few years older than me. She had long wavy weave, and a naturally pretty face, with almost no make up.