Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Zen P.O.V

Monday morning I got up and stretched, it felt kind of weird being in my own house and bed since it's been a while. After the movie Saturday Ian dropping Carmen and I home. I found that strange since I've been at his for so long. And he's been kind of distant since then, but I think he just needs his space. I swung my feet off of the bed and walked to the bathroom.

I've always hated Monday's, waking up early as fuck and going to school after a long ass weekend. I took off my T-shirt and underwear and hopped in the shower. The warm water on my body felt good, I stayed in for about 20 minutes before getting out to get ready for school.

I did the rest of my hygiene and went into my room, I wore simple boyfriend jeans, a studded cross t-shirt, and black studded sandals. I decided I would just be plain today. I wanded my hair and left it down.

Once I was done I heard a car horn from outside. I quickly grabbed my things and walked out the door. Once I reached outside a slight breeze hit my face. September was slowly turning into October which meant summer was changing into fall. I made a mental note to start packing away summer clothes and walked over to Carmen's car.

"Hey" I said getting into the car.

"Hey" Carmen said in her usual happy tone

When I was securely in she pulled out the driveway and started for school.

"Saturday was fun" she said turning out of my neighborhood.

"Yeah I know, you like Ian?"

A slight smirk made it's way to her face. "Yeah, I like him. He fine as fuck"

I let out a short laugh "Yeah, I know"

"Are you sure, he's right for you though?"

I didn't know what Carmen meant by that. I really liked Ian, so I didn't think about if he was right or not it just felt right, everything with him felt right.

"I don't really know" I answered honestly

"Well I just don't want to see you get hurt again, so take things slow" she said speaking slowly as if she was thinking about the next word as she spoke

I nodded. I'm glad that I have a friend that cared as much as Carmen did. I don't even know what I would do without her friendship.

We rode in silence the rest of the ride. When we got to school, I immediately got out of the car and waved bye to Carmen. I walked in the building and to my locker. I got all the things I needed for Anatomy and started for the class.

I walked in immediately being greeted by Eliot.

"Hey bitch" I laughed at him and took my seat next to his.

"Hey Eliot"

"How was your weekend?"

"It was good, I'm just so damn tired" I complained.

"Mmm, yeah I heard you went to the mall with Carmen, and your new boo. Y'all hoes act like y'all too good for me or something, cause I ain't get a invite" he said sounded pissed off

"Ooo, I'm sorry. You know we love you El come here" I said leaning over my seat reaching for a hug. He rolled his eyes and ignored me.

The bell rang signaling the beginning of class. I opened my book getting ready for the boredom coming ahead.

I walked in the lunch room taking my usual seat next to Carmen, she was texting away on her phone and didn't even notice me. I slammed my books down on the table making her look up. "Damn, you scared me" She said putting her phone in her pocket.