Chapter 29

Happy New Year! 🎉

I'm back you guys! And yes from now on there WILL be consistent updates. And I have decided to go through with the sequel, since it was the most requested.

So I estimate that Fantasizing 2 will be here by the beginning of March. This book still has at least five more chapters.

Also some may be a little confused about this chapter. As you know wattpad deleted some of the last chapter, so if you are confused or feel like you're reading the same thing over again just read the last chapter again to refresh your memory. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zen and what she looked like in this chapter in the MM

King

As we continued walking down the long hallway Zen's heavy breathing was evident. We took the elevator to the second floor. As Zen twiddled with her thumbs. I just waited patiently till we got there.

When we got off the elevator and started to walk to the room Zen started crying again. I tried to rub her back for comfort, but the shit wasn't working, so I just dropped my hand.

We slowly opened the door to room 213, hearing multiple beeping sounds and low whispers. I sat in a chair out of the way as Zen started to talk to the doctor that was in the room.

"Hi Zen. I'm glad you're here. I have some news for you" the doctor started. A nurse stood beside him, nodding in agreement. I just tried my best to stay out of sight.

I was really in my own thoughts about what happened today. I was just inches away from someone that was damn near death. Somebody I care about at that. Of course I've seen some niggas die and get shot down before, but that was nothing if you don't know or give a fuck about them. It was just so surreal.

"Mrs. Rice has suffered from a lupus flare." The doctor said, breaking me from my thoughts. I stood up, now attentive.

"What exactly is that?" Zen asked, looking a bit confused.

"Well it's not very easy to explain. I shouldn't say she had one. As the symptoms increase the flares take place over time. Periods of time when a person has lupus symptoms are called flares or relapses. Periods of time when the symptoms are under control are called remissions. Flares and remissions can occur abruptly, unexpectedly, and without clear cause. There is no way to predict when a flare will happen, how bad it will be, or how long it will last. When a person has a lupus flare, they may have new symptoms in addition to those they had in the past." The doctor said rambling on. Surprisingly I understood what he said.

"So what exactly am I suppose to do?" Zen asked, looking a little nervous.

"Well we're going to keep her here for a few weeks to monitor her. We wouldn't want you to worry about her and we still have a few tests to run" the doctor explained.

"Okay I guess that's fine" She agreed.

"Well it's best if she gets her rest now. You should probably go"

"But-" Zen started, but I quickly interrupted her by tugging on her arm.

"Zen you heard what he said. We need to be out so she can get some rest" I spoke for the first time, since we got here.

Her face fell even more and she looked like she wanted to cry. I lead her over to the hospital bed so she could say goodbye to her granny and we could go.

Tears started to form in her eyes as she looked at her unconscious granny laying in the bed.

The rash that she inherited from her condition had spread along her face and her breathing was faint. She looked a lot more pale and lifeless than she usually does. She looked the complete opposite from her beautiful, soulful self.