Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Zen P.O.V

"What am I going to wear?" I lay on Carmen's bed with Carmen as I contemplated on what I'd wear for yet another date with Ian.

After the little car incident and everything else that's been going wrong he thought that we should do something to make up. I thought it was a good idea too. I just feel like Ian doesn't like me the way I like him. I like him, and I have been liking him, but the way he's acting I don't really even know how he feels anymore.

That phone call he got from that girl really threw me off though I mean if he's seeing someone else I can't really be mad, because of the simple fact that we're not together, but I can't help but let it get to me. 

"Do you really even think you should be going?" Carmen asked, ignoring my own question

"What? Why would you even say that?" I answered with another question trying to see where she was going with this.

I don't know if Carmen doesn't like Ian or if she's just being difficult, but she so against us. I mean she is my best friend she should be happy for me. I know damn well that every time she gets a new 'boyfriend' I'm happy for her.

She rolled her eyes "I just don't know, he don't seem right for you. I mean he might make you happy and all that, but do you really know him?" She said in a low voice.

"That's what I'm trying to do, get to know him, damn. You just need to be happy for me" I semi-yelled getting angry now. I didn't want to think she was jealous, but that's exactly what it sounds like.

"Whatever, but where are y'all going?"

I'm not even going to let Carmen's stupid ass get to me right now, I just need to ignore it and move on, this is supposed to be a good day anyway.

"We're going to a movie and out to eat, nothing big" I lied. I had no idea where we would be going as usual.

"Oh" she replied looking down. I don't know what's going on with her, it's like one minute she was mad, then the next she was sad.

"What's wrong Carmen?" I asked going to her side and patting her back. Even though she was acting stupid as hell she was still my best friend and I had to be there for her.

"You just get this boy, and you're happy, but I'm over here feeling like shit."

I did feel bad, but I couldn't be with Carmen all the time I had my own life that I had to work out.

"I'm sorry Carmen, You just need to find someone" I said pulling her into a hug. We stayed like this for a little while longer.

My best friend was feeling neglected, and I had to be here for her. I thought about canceling my date, but I didn't know if that was the right decision or not. I mean I wanted to be here for Carmen, but I didn't want to mope around all night.

"Are you okay?" I asked, as I pulled away from our hug. I could see tears beginning to form in her eyes and I rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

She wiped her face and got up from the bed as if nothing had happened. "Okay we got a date to get you ready for, come on!" I smiled as she grabbed my hand and led me to her closet to find me something to wear.

Wearing the same size as your fashionable best friend defiantly had its perks. My outfit for tonight lay on Carmen's bed as she did my make up, which was light. The cleavage that I would be showing was a little more than my liking, but I would try it, just because Carmen was all for it.

I was just really happy that she wouldn't make me wear any heels. As she finished I heard my phone vibrate on her bed. Carmen picked it up and answered it holding the phone between her shoulder and ear, while brushing the mascara brush against my eyelashes.