A Little Fun

Uther walked me up to my room. He was suddenly twitchy almost like he was nervous. He didn't strike me as the nervous type.

            "We are having a party tonight. Are you going?" Uther asked me. I turned my head slightly to him.

           "Umm no," I didn't know there was a party. Nobody had mentioned anything. His face flushed suddenly and he started to blabber.

This time I met his eyes. His face was flushed with embarrassment it was rather cute. "I wasn't asking you out just wondering if you were going that's all." He cleared his throat awkwardly.

             "Oh- no I didn't even know that there was going to be a party." I laughed at him as we walked into my room. "I didn't mean to assume but you looked so nervous. Anyway I probably won't go-"

            "You should go." Uther interrupted me. He ran his hands through his hair and his smile faltered. "With me? We can go together." he lowered his eyes.

             "Uh," I was so confused right now.

               "Sure.....okay."

His eyes snapped upwards. He was surprised that I had agreed to go with him.

               "I like you. You are the only one that has been nice to me. Thank you for inviting me." I leaned up and kissed his flushed cheek. Uther was startled by the gesture because he stepped back.

"I'm gay," He blurted. I blinked a couple of times trying to comprehend what was going on. "J-j-just so you know." He was so nervous that he was stammering and I felt bad.

I did my best to not laugh because I didn't want him to think I was laughing at him. "I was just being nice to you. You've been nice to me since yesterday when everybody else hates me." The red on his cheeks went away. I had a feeling that he hadn't really told anybody. "I don't care that you are gay Uther."

              "It just came out. I thought you were hitting on me and then I realized that you thought I was hitting on you. You are adorable but most definitely not my type."

I pressed my hand to his mouth to make him stop babbling. His eyes softened. Poor guy.

              "I. Don't. Care. That. You. Are. Gay." I told him slowly so he would understand. "I don't need an explanation, it's cool. I won't tell anybody. And thank you for the compliment." I grinned dropping my hand from his mouth.

              "Thanks." He sighed with relief. "Sorry for telling you. Anyway we can go together. I hate going to parties because they are a drag and –"

              "Let's go," I shrugged, it seemed like he wanted to go.

             "Good because you need to socialize." His wrinkled as he smiled at me.

              "Ugh." I put my hand up so he could stop talking. "You sound like my godfather now. Yes, I will go with you. You can be my date. So are you dating anybody?"

             "No." he scoffed. "I haven't told anybody besides my sister. Being a gay Slayer isn't exactly ideal."

              "Dude I think people would still hate me more even if they found out you were gay. Aren't you glad to have me here this year?" I joked which made him laugh. He seemed more at ease.

              "True. Thank you." He pulled me into a hug. He released me with a smile. "May I?" I was unsure of what he was going to do until he stretched out his arm for a hug.