Celebrity

"I've never been to a club." Christopher and I were walking side by side. He raised his eyebrows, surprised. "I spent too much time with Damien and his friends. My fun was extra training on the weekends with one of his friends."

        "Brutal," Christopher grimaced. "That sucks. Is that why you are so serious?"

        "No, you all are a serious bunch." Bennett commented behind us. "Alex is just 50% more but you all are so rigid. Relax."

        "And you are? You don't look familiar."

       "Lancer."

       "Oh," Christopher cleared his throat shooting me a quick glance.

      "I'm with Uther." Bennett smiled lifting their twined hands for us to see. Uther nodded rather briskly.

       "Whoa, a Tracker and Slayer dating?" Christopher seemed astonished by the idea. "Back at the Academy we couldn't tolerate the sight of each other. We took separate classes."

       "Our school is crazy." I leaned in towards him. "We take classes together and the Trackers come on raids with us."

       "In their armor? Aren't you guys slow in it?" Christopher and I stepped aside so we could walk with Uther and Bennett.

        "Yes!" Uther, Lydia and Eric exclaimed together.

         "None of us have ever been bitten by vampires." Bennett scoffed at them. I laughed glancing around. "We might be slow but well protected." 

We were heading down a dimly lit street. There were various clubs from the looks of it. There were bouncers standing at different entrances. The smell of sweat, alcohol and blood was everywhere. It was nauseating. Maybe going to a club wouldn't be so bad.

       "Besides you guys have begun to use collars, right?" Bennett nodded at me. If I remembered correctly, I had been the only one to wear one that night. "Next thing you'll be in full armor just like us."

       "We are trying out the collars. Matheson wore one. Vampire teeth can break through anything." Eric told him. "I doubt it, armor is too bulky. We have to move. Wolves are bulkier and you have to watch out for their claws and teeth so the armor makes sense." Christopher and Uther nodded in agreement.

       "Is it true you were bit by a vampire?" Christopher asked. "The news got to us. It was crazy because none of us could believe it."

        "Yeah." I cleared my throat averting my eyes.

        "Lets see it," Bennett replied excitedly.

          "I guess," I flipped back my hair and unzipped my jacket. I pulled on one side revealing the unhealed skin.

          "May I?" Christopher asked wanting to touch it. I tilted back my neck for him to touch it. Christopher's fingers were soft and gentle.

         "It's like stone."

         "My turn." Bennett reached for my neck. "It's so hard and cold." He dropped his hand staring at my neck. "Why didn't it heal?"

        "I don't know. I don't think even Dr. Berke knows what happened." I averted my eyes again doing my best to have a polite smile on my face.

        "It's like the venom burned your skin." Christopher mumbled not taking his eyes from my neck.

        "Or turned your skin like a vampire." Bennett laughed. My eyes narrowed on Eric's back.