Midnight Visit

A few hours later, I heard my angry godfather down the hall. My head was held on either side and my mouth was shut tightly. It was going to be wired shut for a couple of weeks. The healing process was going to take at least six months according to them.

But, they were going to be in for a surprise. My body would heal much faster than that.

       "How the hell did you let this happen?" My godfather's angry voice echoed down the hall. The only thing I could do was wait for him to come in.

I heard heavy footsteps and the curtain was drawn back. My eyes darted but I couldn't see him.

      "Alex," he stepped closer to me until I saw him. "Where the hell is the doctor?" he turned back around and took off.

A groan rumbled in my throat but nobody was in here. The door of the infirmary was shut-

It was probably an hour before the door opened up again. There were more footsteps with my godfather. 

The nurse appeared into my view with a frown, "Honey, I'm going to lift you up." I lifted my hand up giving her the thumbs up. The doctor and nurse lifted me upwards until my back touched the pillows.

        "Dear how are you doing?" Damien took a seat next to me. "I'm taking her out of here." he turned to the Headmaster. To my surprise, Professor Rogers was with them. "And I want the students responsible expelled."

The nurse held out a white board and marker to me. While he rambled and shouted at the Headmaster, I wrote one word.

No.

I tapped my godfather on the shoulder until he turned. The board was lying on my chest as he took the one word in. His eyebrows knotted downward and his lips turned into an ugly frown.

        "You've been wanting to get out of here. I didn't listen to you when you told me you didn't want to leave. You are leaving."

I tapped the board again. Damien met my eyes.

       "Alex," he protested taking a deep breath. "Your mouth is wired shut because those –" he stopped himself and took a deep breath. "They attacked you."

My finger was still tapping the board. I turned the board back around to me, and I wiped it off.

I'm staying

I wrote on the board.

       "I agree with her." Professor Rogers chimed in with a proud smile. Heck no, I wasn't running now. "She needs to stay and face her attackers."

       "Do you remember anything about them?" the Headmaster asked me. I lifted a finger for him to give a me a second and wrote-

No.

Damien's narrowed on me because I didn't look at him. I was about ninety percent sure who they were but I was not going to give them up. It would be a matter of time before I got to leave the infirmary.

Faces were covered.

I would take care of this once I was ready. My godfather's eyes searched mine.

         "Can we have the room?" he excused everybody out. The only one that stayed was Professor Rogers. "Are you sure?"

I gave him the thumbs up.

I have some learning to do here.

I wrote on the white board which only made my godfather's nostrils flare.