The Black Family

We emerged out of the house just as the flames grew. Eric seemed to be holding onto Lydia. As soon as she saw me, he let her go.

        "You're okay." she hugged me tightly. "Michael said someone had been bitten and was being stitched up."

Field Medics were now coming forward to see the Ordine who had been bitten. Bennett had done a nice job stitching up the bite. Selena and Evan both joined their brother. To my disbelief, Selena hugged her brother tightly.

      "How did Michael do?" a Witcher in a darker silky robe asked me. Michael dropped his eyes out of embarrassment.

     "Amazing. He took down a Witch on his own. I don't know if I could have killed her myself."

Michael's eyes snapped up at me and he beamed.

      "She saved my life, ma'am. Twice." Michael responded with a big smile. "Thanks." He hugged me tightly. I patted his back biting back a smile.

       "Have a Medic look at your leg." the Witcher responded with a smile on her face. I had forgotten about my leg. It didn't hurt. On her robe, I noticed there were two black marks on her robe. She was from the Black family. "Great job tonight, Eric." she patted his arm. "Ms. Matheson, a pleasure. Thank you for saving my great nephews life. I can't wait to hear what happened."

So Michael was a Black. They left together with Michael after her. 

"Heard you took down thirty vampires on your own?" Uther appeared with a sling.

        "Nine." I answered rolled my eyes nodding at his arm. "Lancer took down one."

        "Really?" They all turned to Bennett. He was talking to his brother and sister.

        "Dude has a fast hand. He stitched up the Ordine through all the fighting."

        "Yeah, the Medics are impressed with the stitching." Uther answered, turning back to me. "Glad you are okay."

The house crumbled down behind us. I winced turning back to it.

        "Go get your leg looked at." Eric ordered with an arched eyebrow. "And head back to the school with Uther. There should be cars waiting to take you back. We'll finish up here and we'll see you guys back there." 

Nobody had been bitten so Eric was in a good mood. There had been a few broken bones and scratches but nothing life-threatening.

         "Ms. Matheson," My Swedish doctor scrutinized me over. He was wearing his name tag. "And what injuries might you have this time around?"

        "Two vampires scratched me." I pointed at my right leg. He waved me into a Medic's tent. I sat down on the small cot and put my leg up. Without even asking, he cut away at the clothing. There were four nasty deep wounds, bleeding out slightly.

Uther and I groaned in disgust.

        "Let me clean it up and bandage it up. It clotted up nicely. Let's make sure there is no venom in there." He washed his hands and put on gloves.

       "Its not a bite." I informed him.

        "I know but some vampires have venom under their nails as a weapon."

         "Oh." I answered with a shrug. Dr. Berke opened up some napkins and cleaned up the area around the wound.

        "This will be a small pinch." He answered lifting up a needle. "One. Two-" he pinched my skin inserting the needle in the side of one of the deep scratches. The syringe was pulled back slightly taking up some blood. In his other hand was a sterile tube, he dropped in the blood- lifting it up to the lights.