Going Home

Benito drove us to the airport. He didn't say anything the entire drive until he opened the door for me. I was startled by him.

       "Gracias," He held out his hand for me to take. I grasped it tightly, meeting his dark eyes. "You saved my father and me."

      "You're welcome." I replied releasing his hand.

      "If you ever need anything , please let me know." He answered lowering his eyes. He quickly walked back to the drivers' seat and got in. Damien and I glanced at each other without saying a word. That had been a nice gesture from him. I hadn't expected something like that. 

"What is going on?" Damien asked me as soon as we were seated in the airplane. "You hate the school and now you want to stay one more year?" he sounded skeptical.

       "Does it really matter?" I told him with a frown. My eyes were on the little window next to me. I reached over it and opened it up.

       "Of course it matters. Tell me, Alexandra. I will find out. Sooner or later." Damien's voice made me look at him.

      "If I bite someone, I turn into a vampire. He is trying to turn me into a vampire." I whispered to him. Damien didn't look one bit surprised. Her tone made me look at her. my lips turned downward. "And the Sire bit my mom when she was pregnant with me. You knew?"

     "I figured it was something serious. There had to be a reason he was trying to come after you."

     "It doesn't freak you out?" Now I was confused because he didn't look one bit scared or worried. On the other hand, I was stressed out about the whole thing. "I'm going through a bloodlust phase." Maybe the blood loss had affected his judgment. I wasn't entirely sure.

       Damien settled back into his seat and shrugged, "We will deal with it, if it happens. For now you focus on not biting anybody. Besides I'm not worried. You didn't bite me." he smiled widely at me. His eyes wrinkled with delight. There was also a possibility that he had hit his head really hard.

      "That's because I like you Damien. Imagine what I will want to do to Selena?" I grumbled and that only made Damien burst out laughing. "Or someone that angers me?" Damien rolled his eyes but kept chortling to himself.

      "You won't bite anybody. I know it." he grasped my hand tightly. "So relax and enjoy the flight because when we get home it will be much more difficult. We will discuss what you will do when you turn nineteen."

      "Fine." I shrugged rolling my eyes at him. "If you say so but remember I did warn you." Damien settled into his chair and closed his eyes. I leaned against my hand and stared out the window. One thing was for sure, I was not going to spend one more year at that school. I would leave as soon as I could.

When we got to the airport, Professor Rogers was waiting for us with Eric, Uther and Louis. There was nothing expressed on their face.

       "Thank you guys for picking us up." Damien greeted them. I didn't glance at or greet any of them instead only walked past them. The smell of blood had hit me hard as soon as I had walked into the airport. There were so many Ordines around. It didn't help that they were in close proximity to me. The image of me suddenly sweeping on them and biting their neck was not helping either.

      "Nice to see you too." Louis grumbled behind me.

      "We had a rough time in Belize. There is a lot to tell you." Damien replied politely. Eric led the way to the car. I kept some distance from all of them as we walked to the car. There were two cars waiting for us. The smell of blood was hitting me really hard. I opened my mouth to breath a bit easier. It helped slightly by diluting the smell.