Central America

It was humid in Belize. It felt like I was drenched as soon as I stepped out the plane. Damien and Professor Rogers were right behind me as we stepped down. In front of me was a dark skinned man.

           "Welcome, Alexandra Matheson." He was dressed in linens. His hair was pulled into a ponytail. It looked like if he had just gotten out of bed. They had probably just been notified that I was on my way to see them. "Come with me." he held out his hand to take my bag. I let him take it. Without a word we followed him to the car.

         "We weren't sure if you were going to actually visit after you got bit. It took awhile." He told us, opening the car. Two others got out. They were much older men too.

          "Zachariah Lancer got involved." Damien commented putting the bags into the car. "We had no choice but to tell her." Damien kept a hand on me as the bags were loaded. He had me get into the car after he did with Professor Rogers right behind me.

        "My father is expecting you. We will see him first." the man answered meeting my eyes. "You look a lot like Veronica Matheson. You must have made an impression on Zachariah when he first saw you." My lips turned downwards.

         "What is your name?" I asked him slightly irked by him.

         "Benito Palacio." He replied and I wanted to groan.

         "Zachariah is here?" Damien asked, placing a hand on my elbow. "He's his brother." my eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. They looked nothing alike.

         "Arrived about an hour ago with the Chief of the tribe. Already spoke to my father." his eyes flickered back to us. There was a smile on his face. I recalled that the Chief's sons had been turned into Hunters. Well I had seriously just entered the wolves' den because most of these Hunters were going to want me dead. If werewolf ran through their blood, I was a threat to all of them. They could probably kill me without needing much of a reason. 

We arrived to a beautiful stone house. They lived rather secluded from any major cities. Damien kept his hand on me as he led me out the car. I couldn't help looking around as we entered into the beautiful home. There were so many portraits down the hall we entered and it was bright.

The lights were overwhelming that I cringed lowering my face.

        "Keep down the lights." Someone called behind me. I turned to see Benito and another blue eyed Lancer walking behind me. "She is sensitive to them." The lights were slightly turned down. We walked into a large open living room with a group of men standing around.

Zachariah Lancer was present. His eyes turned to slits when he saw me. 

"Welcome, Alexandra Matheson." The oldest man in the room approached me. He had silver white hair and was dressed in a white robe. He was the Chief of the tribe. Behind him were two women and a man. The three of them were dressed in dark purple robes. My eyes fell on the middle shorter woman.

         "Witch." My lips curled downward. My hand reached for my hip but I had no weapon.

         "They are under our protection." The Chief answered with a slight chuckle. "Welcome to House Lancer. You know my grandson Zachariah." He held out his hand to him. "These are my sons Benito, Ricardo and Joao and my daughter Isabella. My name is Luciano Palacio."

         "Veronica killed the others." I replied glancing around the room. I had expected to see more people.

         "Yes, six others. My children." He approached me quietly. The man had to be old and from what I could tell he was just a human. The witches had to be keeping him alive. He tilted my face exposing my neck. "The only weakness in my work was that if you were bitten by a vampire, you would turn. Your guardians failed in protecting you. It is just a minor setback." He touched the rough skin on my neck. I could barely feel his fingertips on my skin. "Have you started thirsting for blood?"