Instincts

"Let's move!" Eric ordered. Eric placed a hand on my arm and pulled me near him.

       "How's your leg?" he whispered. His eyes were scanning the area in front of him.

       "Don't know what you are talking about." I cleared my throat trying to pull my hand out of his hold but it had tightened. My leg was throbbing in pain but it was manageable. 

      "You get a pass because you saved Michaels' life. You won't get another one." He released me but did place bandaging in my hand. "Take care of that. No more blood." He replied meaningfully, tilting his head to Bennett and Michael.

        "Thank you." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Sir." I added for his benefit. Eric chuckled under his breath but didn't peek down at me. 

Miles up ahead, we came up to the house. There was no commotion and from what I could tell they hadn't heard the noise I had made fighting the vampires.

Michael raised his screen to scan the worn-down house.

          "Heat signatures are coming from the basement. They might be tied or something because they aren't moving. We've got two more in the farthest room."

        "The Witches." Eric mumbled. "Third Chain move in." he ordered. I leaned forward to see them moving in. Uther met my eyes and he wrinkled his nose.

I took the opportunity to bandage my leg up. The wounds weren't deep and were closed off already.

Uther and the third Chain went in. There was loud yelling as they entered. We could hear the fighting that had ensued.

        "Back up! In! Now!" Uther yelled in our ears.

       "Second Chain! Move in!" Eric ordered. Lydia moved forward with her Chain. I gazed over at Eric. His eyes were on Lydia.

       "We'll go in around back." Eric told us as soon as the Second Chain was inside. He motioned for us to move.

Michael moved in closer to me. His breath was faint on my cheek.

        "Michael, I got you, just give me some space."

       "Sorry." He backed away slightly but didn't release my jacket. 

"A handful of vampires are moving towards us." I told Eric having smelled them running to us. They had heard the noise and were now drawn to it.

        "Trackers!" Eric grasped my wrist not letting me move. "Louis! Go in!" he exclaimed, releasing my hand to pull out his bow and a handful of arrows. With a flash, he released an arrow, hitting a vampire in the chest.

I noticed that Bennett had stayed behind. He smiled apologetically at me.

There were more vampires coming out due to the noise that we were making.

        "You two go with," Eric told Bennett and Michael. "Alexandra!" he tilted his head at me. "Get the Ordines out!"

He followed us with his raised bow, ready with arrows. Vampires were running towards us. There was loud snarling as Eric shot him down.

I pulled Michael inside with Bennett right behind me.

        "You know how to use that sword right?" I dropped my voice down as we walked into the house.

       "Sure,"  Bennett answered with a wavering voice. My head snapped in his direction. "I'm not like my siblings but I'll stick them with the pointy end." I couldn't tell if he was being serious or making a joke.