Witch-Tales

It was late almost sunrise when I was awaken by something wet on my face. My eyes flew open to find a woman dressed in dark clothing and frizzy hair staring down at me.

          "Witch!" I screamed loudly, trying to shift away but ended up rolling myself away from her.

The Witch didn't say anything as I got to my feet and stepped back.

           "I should have expected that reaction from you." She smiled politely not insulted by my reaction. "Ive brought you water and food." She lifted up the wooden pitcher and a basket.

          "Get out." I told her afraid of what she was trying to give me. The pitcher could probably have blood. She took a step towards me but I shook my head. Right now I was vulnerable and didn't like it.

My hands were tied behind my back and the only weapon I would be able to use were my legs.

         "It's water." She tilted the pitcher letting some of the liquid fall out. She was right. It was clear. It was getting brighter and the sun was going to be out soon. "Alexandra, I'm not here to harm you. I've brought food and water. Take a seat." She motioned for me to sit where I was. She walked slowly in front of me with the pitcher and basket in front of her.

I was starving and really thirsty so my feet gave away and I fell to my knees. She moved very slowly as she positioned herself in front of me.

"I was cleaning your face. You've got vampire blood all over your face." she lifted up a cloth. 

          "You know I didn't bite them." I exclaimed loudly.

        "Shhhh don't be so loud. I'm not supposed to be in here." she was cleaning my face roughly making me wince. The blood was probably crusted on my face. "And yes I know."

        "How?" I whispered glad to feel a little refreshed.

         "You destroyed that vampires neck. You would have destroyed Damien and the Chief's neck as a newborn vampire if you bit them. Those bites were too precise and barely noticeable." She laughed softly as she cleaned my face.

        "Can you release me?" I asked, tilting my back so she could let me go.

        "No because they will realize their mistake when Damien and the Chief wake up. They lost quite a bit of blood but they will be up in another day."

        "I'm supposed to stay in here?" I groaned loudly as she cleaned up my hands.

         "Hang in there." She sat down in front of me and lifted up the pitcher. She held my head back as she poured some liquid in my mouth.

Greedily, I drank as much as I could.

         "You are much stronger than you realize, Alexandra." She started to open up the napkin in the basket. There were meats, cheeses, bread and fruit. She lifted up a piece of meat and I shook my head.

        "You know perfectly well that it is from a cow. I'm not here to hurt you." She laughed at me. I could smell the meat perfectly but was concerned. Not only that but she was going to feed me. That was going to be weird.

"Why are you helping me?"

She held up a piece of cheese to me until I took it. A groan escaped my throat as I chewed in pleasure.

        "You are innocent." She replied with a soft smile. "It takes a lot of strength to not bite at the sight of blood."

A sigh escaped my mouth because I had wanted to bite Damien. I had been a danger to him. My head tilted away from her as she tried to feed me.