Set-Up

Professor Rogers was seated with Isabella standing not too far from her in the living room. From the looks of it we were all going to be carefully watched until we left. They would probably send someone to watch me so they made sure that I wouldn't bite anybody.

         "It was a mistake coming here." Damien muttered under his breath as soon as we were in a large suite. When the Chief had said "room," I had been expecting a small room with a bed. We had an entire suite to ourselves. The Trackers were clearly doing very well. "They aren't going to let us go." he took off his coat with a frustrated face.

        "Someone is at the door." I told them paying attention to the door. There was a presence standing right by the door. He wasn't going to go anywhere.

        "They are taking precautions." Professor Rogers told us trying ease the stress in the room. My entire body was on edge because the Hunters were out there. Not only that but the wet-dog smell was getting to me. The entire place was nauseating. "Don't be alarmed." Professor Rogers eyed me. "Are you alright? You look pale."

       "I'm tired." I told her as I took a seat near the door. There wasn't any movement outside but the man was still standing right next to the door. "There is a lot going on."

       "What did he tell you?" Damien asked turning his head to me. Professor Rogers shot him a look as if saying that he needed to stay quiet or not ask questions right now. Damien ignored her taking a seat across from me.

"What you had already told me." I told him with a shrug. Damien searched me with narrowed eyes. Right now wasn't the time to tell him that my mother had been bitten by the vampire trying to turn me. "He has asked his children to keep an eye out for me." Damien's jaw hardened in dislike. I wondered if the Chief was going to assign someone to keep an eye on me back at school.

         "They don't want me biting anybody." I met Damien's dark eyes, which softened a little bit. "It would be really bad." Damien reached for my hand.

         "I won't allow you to do that." he squeezed my hand in response.

        "Neither will I. We will take extra precautions." Professor Rogers approached Damien, placing a hand on his shoulder. They were together. Something was going on between them. I didn't know how I felt about that especially since he had been the only one in my life. He had been like a father to me. 

"I am going to get us something to eat. I'll leave you alone so you can talk." She excused herself and I took the opportunity.

        "Are you two together?" I asked Damien blatantly. Damien released my hand, and shifted in his seat.

        "No," there was an awkwardness to him that I hadn't seen before. He had dated before but they usually weren't Slayers.

       "Yes you are," I shook my head at him for lying.

        "She was my wife's sister, Alexandra." He grunted rolling his eyes. I could tell he wanted to keep talking about her because he hadn't changed subject.

         "If you are asking for my permission-?" my voice trailed off. Unless he was serious about someone, he would ask for my opinion. "I like her. You get along with her."

         "I'm too old to be asking you for permission to do anything, Alexandra." He laughed at me. "My dating life isn't a serious matter. Your life is at stake here." the hardness on his face disappeared.

         "Alright I drop it." I raised my hands in a defeated manner. "I am actually really tired so I think I will go off to bed." There was too much going on and I wanted some time alone to process it all. Not only that but I didn't want anybody asking anymore questions. I didn't want to lie to Damien. "Goodnight." I hurried away to a far room, taking the luggage that had been placed in the suite.