Second Puberty

Damien was awake when I went to see him. For the last few hours I had been struggling with myself in whether telling him that Professor Rogers had been a double agent.

        "I have something to tell you." I told him searching his eyes. Damien stopped shifting on his bed when he saw how serious I was. "It is about Professor Rogers." It was better that I tell him because it was better that I be honest. If it were me, I would want to know if the person I had been sleeping with had crossed me.

        "She left." he replied barely moving his lips. " I told her to leave." He fell back into the bed not lifting his eyes off of me. Something crossed his face and I tilted my head trying to read him. It was a good thing that I knew how to read people.

Professor Rogers had been hiding something but it wasn't what I thought it had been.

       "You knew!" I yelped shaking my head at him. My knees gave away and I sank into the nearest chair. "Of course you did." Damien placed a finger to his lips but I wanted to keep talking about it. She hadn't crossed us. It had been part of a plan so that she could get information. Now I kind of felt bad for being rude to her hours earlier.

       "I basically threatened her." I whispered harshly to him. Damien chuckled which turned into a painful groan.

       "I can imagine." Damien clutched his neck- gently rubbing his fingers across the patch of gauze. "You are a hothead, Alexandra. You are mistrustful."

       "What did you want me to think?" I didn't get back on my feet but instead glared at him. My arms were crossed across my chest and I was glaring at him. 

"Let's keep talking about this later." Damien answered reaching for me but I got up with a huff. "Right now we need to get out of here and get you back to school. Vacation is over." I turned to him in shock.

He was sending me back to school.

         "I can't go back there." I answered with shake of my head.

        "You got the answers you wanted. From what I can see you can go back." I opened my mouth to protest but that would mean telling him the truth. Right no wasn't such a good time especially because I was still processing it all. As a matter of fact, I didn't want to go back because it would be dangerous. I could bite someone. Now that I actually knew that I was practically half vampire then it was even more dangerous.

        "If you are worried about biting someone." Damien interrupted me out of my inner thoughts. "You shouldn't be. You have great inner strength. Be proud of yourself- I wasn't bit." He grinned broadly obviously extremely proud of me. But I didn't feel it.

       "I don't want to go back." I told him defiantly. "Now isn't a good time for me. The wolves, the Lancers are going to try to kill me. We are going to kill each other."

Damien took a deep breath almost like if he was trying to calm himself. I didn't blame him either because he didn't know the real reasons I didn't want to go back. If he knew, he would side with me. "Not an argument that we are going to have. You are going back to school because I need to get back to work."

         "You are going to keep an eye on me like you've been. You weren't even really working." I countered pursing my lips tightly. Damien sat up and got out of his bed. I kept my ground as he approached me.

        "I am going to back to work for the First Chain. I think you can handle yourself given everything you found out and what you went through. You had two dying men in front of you with fresh blood around you. You have great constraint and inner strength. I have no reason to keep worrying about you."