Truth Comes Out

Without even bothering to knock, I walked into Uther's room. To my surprise, it was empty. I stood in the middle of his room slightly dumbstruck that he wasn't in here. It was still a little early and classes weren't set to start yet.

I heard some rummaging and his bedroom window opened. My eyebrows were so high that I thought they were going to disappear in my hairline- he was sneaking in.

            "Where did you spend the night?" I closed the door behind me before someone overhead us.

          "Damn. I thought I would be sneaky." He replied shaking his head. "I spent the night with Bennett."

         "You what?" I yelped taking a seat on his bed. He was wearing yesterdays' clothing and from the looks of it was freshly showered. "How did you pull that off?" I was so confused.

        "I have a key. You can't just walk right in." he commented with a shrug. "Did you know they lock everything? Jeesh, they act like if someone is going to steal something."

       "I heard something about that." I mumbled under my breath. Evan had mentioned something before. "How did you get a key?"

      "Bennett gave it to me." he grinned deviously. He took off his shirt and I saw some very noticeable blotches on his skin.

      "Seems like you had a great time." my lips pursed. Uther glanced down and he laughed.

      "Don't be jealous."

I rolled my eyes in return.

      "It seems that he isn't the only Lancer into Slayers." I laid down on his bed as he got dressed.

      "What do you mean?" he slipped on a clean shirt and jeans.

      "Selena is with Louis."

       "No!" his head snapped in my direction. His eyes were wide and his mouth was formed into a perfect o. "No. No. of course not." the grin didn't disappear though.

       "I saw them kissing." I got on my knees as I told him the juicy details.

       "Evil Bitch Selena Lancer?" he questioned me not believing what I was saying. "With Louis Travis? Did you hit your head?"

       "I saw them kissing and hugging. They are dating. He knows that she jumped me."

       "No way." Uther took a seat next to me. "He didn't say anything? You have to tell Damien." He got to his feet and turned on me.

        "No, I can't do that. I mean I don't like Louis but I can't go to my godfather without proof." My lips puckered trying to think. I should say something but I couldn't. "Selena would kill me. Eric might finish me off."

       "You should say something." Uther shook his head at me. "Eric is one of my best friends but I'd say something. They could try it again and honestly, you could come out worse."

He was right.

       "I know but –" there was really no good excuse to not say anything. "Let me think about it. Besides I wanted Selena to give herself up."

       "How were you going to manage that?" he arched one eyebrow. The look on his face said it all- he didn't see how I would pull it off.

      "You shall see." I jumped to my feet. "Anyway, so are you and Bennett officially dating?"

      "No. We are just hooking up. Besides he isn't anything like his family. He's nicer."

      "You say that because you are sleeping with him." I shook my head at him. "I have to go change so I will be back."