Vampire Bite

Once outside, I took a deep breath of the fresh air. There was a light breeze which was a nice welcome from being cooped up inside all day. I took a walk around the large open meadow in front of the three hunter houses. Miles down from the Slayer house was the sparse forest. There were a few students walking from the main castle to their own respective houses. I heard some voices behind me but didn't pay much attention to them.

There was a sudden scent of something metallic and my nostrils flared.

        "Vampires," I whispered under my breath. They were on campus. My eyes swept over the grounds trying to figure out where they were. I took a step forwards towards the castle but the scent was completely gone. They were somewhere behind us. I turned back around and headed for the Slayer House.

The scent was even stronger. They were nearby.

I hesitated trying to figure out if I should warn the houses or go get an instructor from the castle.

        "Damn," I glanced over my shoulder. They were nearby but I couldn't figure out how far. I did a half skip and booked it to the castle. When I was inside the building-

        "We have vampires on the campus!" I shouted running in. Heads turned towards me. "They are on the South end." I yelled. An instructor ran up the stairs probably to warn the others.

"Are you sure?" I heard Eric who was coming out of the dining hall. Nobody was doing anything they were all staring at me like if I was crazy. They were just standing around.

         "Completely positive," I backed away and ran back out to the Slayer House. My heart stopped when I saw three male vampires holding onto students.

I stopped while my hand flew to my back pocket.

         "Matheson." One of the vampires was holding onto one of the girls from my House. His hand was wrapped tightly around her throat.

Her eyes were wide open with fright. Half her face was covered by her hair but I knew who she was.

         "Little Matheson Slayer." The vampire had bright red eyes. He was hungry. "Rumors were true." His white smile widened revealing fangs. He was dressed in a burgundy red leather coat and black pants. "The Mathesons are back." he lifted one of his fingers and gently passed it back and forth across the throat of the girl.

        "Let her go." my voice croaked. "Let them go." I took a step forward but he shook his head.

        "Stay right there or her blood is on your hands." He lifted one of his fingers and I froze. There were others behind me but nobody was moving.

        "What is your name Matheson?" he cocked his head.

        "How do you know I'm a Matheson?" my lips barely moved. I was trying to figure out how to best deal with the situation. All three vampires were hungry and in one move they could kill the girls they were holding.

        "Your eyes." The Vampires' lip curled in dislike. "We thought it was a lie when we were told that Damien was escorting a Matheson back to the school."

One of my eyebrows arched upwards and he let out a snarl. My lips slowly spread into a smile because I knew there was only so much patience he was going to have.

        "Don't mock me Slayer," A growl escaped from his lips. 

The girl must have seen the opportunity because she started to struggle against him. He pressed his finger against the base of her throat.