The Breakfast Club Gang

Hazel~

The 6 people that I'm going to be spending a lot of time with aren't even my friends. I barely know them. I just know that Claire and Freddy are rich and popular, Josh is annoying, Eiden is a nerd, Ariana is goth, and Erin is just wild. There's no way in hell that we're all going to get along. That's not how it works. Because of our social statuses we all just can't be friends and join hands and sing showtunes whenever we please. I wish it was like that, because I think they're all really cool. And I could use some friends.

After school I did as Mr. Miller said and went to the room. I was the first one there so I just took a seat and started writing song lyrics that have been in my head all day. I sing and I write songs. Some are good while others are just flops. I would love to sing to the world, but my shyness won't let me. I sing to my mom and grandma all the time and they tell me that I need to put myself out there. But I will not.

I heard the door open and footsteps and voices entered. It was Erin and her friends. "So you're going to be in here until there's two weeks of school left?" A girl asked. I heard someone pull out a chair and a bag drop. "Yep! And I'm about to drink fucking bleach." I smiled at myself because Erin doesn't know how funny she is.

"Well we gotta go. Have fun." The girl said as the boy said a simple goodbye. Erin laughed and yelled out bitch. The door opened and closed meaning it was just me and Erin. The door opened again and this time it was Claire and Freddy. Then Josh, Ariana, and Eiden entered and Mr. Miller followed. I put my book away just as he began to talk.

"So this isn't just detention, it's fun detention. You'll make up for everything you didn't do the past years. At the end of this you guys will graduate with flying colors, which is good for college and stuff. Any questions?" Erin raised her hand and everyone turned to look at her. "Yes Erin?"

"Is suicide an option?" I quickly covered my mouth so no one would hear me laugh. I wanted to laugh so badly. "Um, no." Erin sadly sat back in defeat and I regained myself and got ready to listen to what Mr. Miller had to say.

"So you are familiar with the glee club, right?" The club I so desperately wanted to be in. I tried out and made it, but the next week they randomly kicked me out. I was pissed off. They said I was good and they kicked me out. Screw them.

"Oh you mean the gay alliance club." Claire said as she shut her phone off and crossed her legs. She looked amazing in here cheerleader uniform. She's so pretty. Everyone laughed at her joke and it seemed as if she didn't care. She just carelessly flipped her blonde hair and stared at Mr. Miller.

"Okay why do you guys hate that club so much?" He asked. This shall be fun.

"They stole the song I wanted to sing at the talent show Freshmen." Erin said.

"They're all gay." Claire said.

"They pick on me." Eiden said and everyone continued to name reasons why they hated the glee club. This lasted for like ten minutes and it was very entertaining. Mr. Miller laughed at our reasons and I could tell that he didn't like them either. "Okay but you guys still disrespected that club and they want you guys to make it up to them." Why should we? They disrespect us all the time. It's not fair.

"Fine we'll make it up to them. But how?" We all sat quietly and thought about it. How could we make it up to them? Maybe bake them cookies or something? Nah, they're super strict about bringing them baked goods.

"I got it!" We all excitedly turned to Josh to hear what he came up with. "We're kinda like the breakfast club. Can we be the breakfast club gang?" Everyone groaned at Josh and Claire got up and punched him. It was quiet again and I thought hard and long about it. I got it! I know how we'll make it up to them.

"Excuse me? I figured it out." That's when everyone slowly turned to me and I nervously smiled at them. "What did she say?" Freddy asked and I looked at Mr. Miller to see if he was listening. "Spit it out loser." Claire impatiently spat out. I moved my brown hair out of my eyes and began to talk.

"We could perform for them s-since they're always doing that..." Was I not loud enough? I know I messed up, but I just tried my hardest to talk loud. Everyone stared at me as if I didn't speak English. Mr. Miller's face changed and slowly everyone else's did too. "What did she say?" Freddy asked again.

"Hazel, right?" Mr. Miller asked and I just shyly nodded my head. "Hazel, that is an amazing idea! You are brilliant!" I smiled and Mr. Miller went deeper into how it was all going to go down. Of course Claire and Freddy wasn't having it. It took Claire a bit of talking to to get her to agree. And she did.

"That's bullshit, I'm not doing it." Freddy said with his hands crossed over his chest. Everyone but him was okay with it. What is up with him? "You have to, dumbass." Claire called out as she walked to the whiteboard with Erin to write down songs.

"Sue me." It would be amazing if he would do it too. And it will be a lot of fun. I'll be so much better if everyone was up on stage with me, singing a song and just having fun. Why is he being like this? It's because of the whole being popular and cool thing. He thinks that by being seen with us it'll just make him seem like a loser. I don't mind though. I mean, I am the biggest loser here coming in with zero friends and no social life whatsoever. Even if I was cool I still wouldn't care. As long as everyone is being nice and having fun. That's all that matters.

"We'll talk more about this tomorrow. Meet up here again after school tomorrow to serve yet another day at Funtime George's." We all grabbed our bags and walked out of the door. Once we left that room it was as if we haven't spent time in there. We were in there for a few hours and as soon as we were able to leave none of us matter to one another. I'll be sure not ignore any of those guys, because they're cool and I like them. I can't wait for tomorrow.

AN: Hi guys!!!!! I hope you're enjoying this because I sure am! Make sure to vote, comment, and even share this with a friend if you think they might like it. I'll try to update everyday, but I'm still in school so that'll be kind of hard. But yeah, enjoy my loves :)