Graduation and Congratulations

Claire~

"Look at my baby girl! All grown up!" Mother cried out as I walked down the stairs in my cap and gown. I smiled at my over emotional mother and hugged her. "I wanna get a picture with my girl." My dad called out as we finished hugging. All of my family members were here today. I really don't understand why. They even bought me presents. But again I don't know why they're here because there aren't enough sits from them at the ceremony, so what's the point?

I took some pictures with my dad, and then my mom and brother, and then with my other relatives. It felt nice to know that all of these people were proud of me. And all I did was survive 4 years of highschool. To them I probably did more.

"Okay, before we go I have to say something." I smiled at my cousins as my mom started to speak. "I watched Claire grow and blossom into the lovely young lady you all see before you. When I gave birth to her I knew that she was going to go off to do great things. I want the best for her. I want her to go off and do great things. So why is it so hard for me to let her go." I started to cheer up as she continued.

"Claire I love you so much and I know you'll do amazing in college. Wherever you go. Make us proud." Jesus, I just realized that after this I'm done with highschool. No more of it. And then I have to leave. I'll miss my family so much.

"I love you guys so much." I cried out as I went to bearhug my family. I can't cry. I'll ruin my makeup. I broke away from the hug and fixed my makeup and my family laughed at me.

"I want your room when you leave." My little brother said and I rolled my eyes at him. Of course he'll say that. "Shut up, moron." I jokingly said and he laughed.

"Okay, it's time!" My mom exclaimed and everyone got excited. God, I'm nervous. I'm nervous to see everyone because I know that I'll start crying. I spent years with these people and now I have to say goodbye to them. For this reason, I wish that highschool could last forever.

I followed my mom, my dad, and my brother to the car as the rest of the family watched and cheered us on from the house. All I'm doing is waiting for my name to be called and getting a piece of paper. Why are my nerves so bad?

"This is it guys," The Principal started to say to us and the parents who were watching their children graduate. "You're about to watch class of 2018 graduate." I turned to look at Ariana and we smiled at each other. This is it.

"I remember when you all were freshmen, just wanting to find your english 1 class, and your locker, and the lunchroom. That was so long ago." It was. I think I was ahead of my time as a freshmen. I don't know why but I didn't do anything that'll make me cringe right now. I did good.

"I'm really proud of you and I know you'll all do great things. Rather it's going off to college, getting a job, or just not going to college. The staff, your parents, we're all so proud of you." Hazel squeezed my hand and I laughed because it felt good to know that I wasn't the only one.

"Let's get started. Our first graduate, Aaliyah Aarons." Everyone started to cheer as she got up and walked on the stage. It shouldn't be long before my name is called. They started more names and then they called Ariana's. She was surprised a bit and sent me a quick smile before getting up. I started to cheer along with everyone else as she walked on the stage and got her diploma. She did it! I zoned out again until I heard my name.

Someone started screaming and I laughed as I got up and made my way to the stage. Everyone was cheering for me as I got onto the stage and grabbed my diploma. Once I had it everyone went crazy and I gave them all my big, bright smile and I waved them goodbye. Good, I won't be doing that again until I graduate college.