Remorse Doesn't Exist If You're Rich

Claire~

After prom things have slightly gotten better. Stacey dropped out, I'm still captain of the cheerleading team, none of the girls hate me, Jackson and I are publicly dating, graduation is soon, and I haven't heard or spoken to Freddy since the night of prom. I know that last part isn't good, but it's weird.

Him and his bestfriend fought to the death that night and right before that they were brothers. The holy trinity is broken now that Jackson and Freddy despise each other. Most of the time Nick is without them because they don't wanna be anywhere near each other. Nick is stressed, and deep down I know that Jackson and Freddy miss each other. I just need for them to see that and forgive.

The day was finally ending which meant that it was time for detention. I only seen Freddy once today and he was going to class. It's about to be really awkward. I walked into the room and everyone but Freddy was already sitting down and talking to one another. He's probably just on his way. He has to come. If he stands this up he won't graduate and I know that graduating is really important to him.

"Was Freddy in class today?" Mr. Miller asked from his laptop. I guess he doesn't care anymore.

"Yeah. He was there." Mr. Miller just nodded his head and continued doing whatever he was doing on his computer. Great.

-

"This is all my fault." I said out loud to Ariana as we sat outside, watching the cheerleaders practice. I need to be practicing too. I'm not getting any better. "You have to stop worrying about him. I know you guys were close, but come on. Give it up." I didn't say anything and Ariana just let out a breath and got up and left.

Freddy~

I didn't go to detention yesterday and I'm not going today. I just can't sit there and look at her face. The face that literally played me and broke my heart at the same time. I can't go through that again. 

As soon as I entered the school Nick sent me a text that said,

Nick: Come to my locker. I have something really important to tell you

Knowing Nick it could be anything. But because he's still my bestfriend I went. I approached his locker where he was standing, waiting for me. He was alone which was good news to me.

"What do you have to tell me?" I asked him and he just smiled.

"I hope you're not spilling the tea without me." I threw up in my mouth a bit as Jackson approached us. I thought this was between me and Nick. "I summoned the both of together because at the end of the day you're still my bestfriends, and I love you guys." I didn't look at Jackson and Jackson didn't look at me either which didn't make Nick feel any better.

"I have some news." Nick said.

"Whatever it is I'm happy for you and proud of you." Jackson said, and I rolled my eyes. He doesn't mean that. He isn't capable of loving anyone other than Claire and himself. He's a big fat prick.

"I'll top that by being 100 times more proud and happy for you." I said, smiling more at Nick which made Jackson just roll his eyes. What is he, a sissy?

"So, I'm getting married."

"No shit. We're all going to get married. Jackson's going to marry a lying and back stabbing cunt who matches up to him." Jackson rolled his eyes and Nick ignored my comment as he went further into it.

"No, like I'm getting married right after graduation." I started to get serious as I realized what was happening and how serious he was. He was serious. "You're kidding." I said as he laughed and Jackson hugged and congratulated him.

"I asked Erin the night of Prom, before everything happened and she said yes." My bestfriend is getting married. I never thought that I would live to see the day that Nick finally settles down. I just can't believe that he's the first, and that it's happening so fast.

"And since I'm getting married and you two are my bros, I want you guys to be my best men."

"I'm down! I would be honored to be your best men!" Jackson exclaimed. Now it was my turn. I'm really happy for Nick and Erin and I would love to be his best men, but I just can't. At this wedding I'll be forced to spend more time with Jackson, and Claire.

I'm all for forgive and forget but I can't when they're the source of my heartache and pain. This wedding for going to be so good for the two and for us since it'll probably be the last time that we're all together. But I just can't. I still ache all over. My heart isn't ready.

"Freddy-"

"Yeah a wedding sounds nice, but I think I'm going out of town then for family reasons." I said, not taking a moment to breathe. "Freddy?"

"I love my family so I can't go to the wedding or be a best men." And with that I quickly left the two and went to class.

Hazel~

I walked into the art room to find Eiden waiting for me.

"I got your message. What's up?" I asked him as I walked over to where he was standing. "I'm assuming that you'll be attending Erin's and Nick's wedding?" I would have expected to be a bridesmaid, but I guess Erin had other choices and more people closer to her.

"Of course. Be there, or be square." I said and me and Eiden both laughed. I can't believe she's going to put that on the wedding invitations." I said to Eiden.

"Nick must've let her do that." If it was up to Nick on the invitation it would have been really formal. "Would you like to be my plus one?" Eiden is asking me to go to the wedding with him! I've dreamt about this moment ever since I met him. This can't be real.

I remember something that Claire told me. If you want something don't be afraid to go and get it. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get what I want.

"Eiden. I hope you know that I like you. And the kind of you like you like when you like someone as a friend. I like you romantically." I waited for Eiden to do something but all he did was laugh. What's so funny?

"I asked you to be my prom date because I like you the same. And I asked you to the wedding because I was going to ask if you wanted to go with me as boyfriend and girlfriend." Why does Claire's advice always work? Is she a genie or something? That girl is magic!

"I would love to be your girlfriend." Eiden laughed and walked over to me and I brought him in for a kiss. Our first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend. I can't believe he feels the same. Man, love is everything.

After talking to Eiden after our kiss and missing some of my classes I went to go find Claire. And once I found her I just hugged and thanked her.