Hot buns Oh Sweet San Diego

Claire~
Today was a bit odd. It was so hot that I couldn't think straight which meant that I didn't want to be bother with the whole Stacey mess. Since I know that Freddy is cheating on me with her I have nothing to worry about. But back to my day.

It's currently 10 something in the morning, it's 95 degrees and most of the school is outside getting ready to have pe. I sat on the track field ground stretching as I watched Stacey and the other cheerleaders practice for their competition that's coming up.

They all looked amazing. Well, I think. I was currently blocking the sun from my eyes with my hands as I watched them with envy. I missed it a lot. I should be out there.

"Having PE together is so weird." I looked up and saw the whole detention group standing behind me in their PE uniforms. Can this day get any stranger? Ariana offered me her hand as she helped me up. As soon as I was up Freddy smiled at me and ran over to Nick and Jackson. Jackson didn't have a shirt on.

Jackson is shirtless

The gym teacher started to blow his whistle and everyone stopped what they were doing, except for the cheerleaders, and made their way towards him.

"So as you guys can tell this is one of the hottest days we have ever experienced," he started to explain.

"Thanks to global warming." Hazel quietly said to us and I lightly laughed.

"And because of that most of your teachers have taken off leaving us gym teachers to watch you all." He can't be a lot of us. I looked around and it was a lot of kids who were here. Jesus.

"So since we have you guys you'll just be running laps. Make sure to drink lots of water and don't run to fast." With that everyone broke away and started to jog. Since I'm here with the detention guys we'll just use this time to discuss.

-

"Are you guys always this quiet?" Nick asked as him, Jackson, and Freddy lightly jogged with us. I wanted to use this time to talk about Stacey. Damnit!

"Depends." I said as I wiped some sweat off from my forehead. I'm not even running. I'm fucking jogging.

"On what?" Nick asked again. Just when I was about to answer Hazel and Eiden started to giggle and started to run ahead of us. "On what assholes are around." I said, dismissing the two from my vision.

"Hey, he's my boyfriend!" Erin playfully called out as the two started to hold hands. That's such an unpredictable pairing. Like who would have thought.

"You guys are so cute together!" Jackson overly goshed and I instantly knew that he was up to no good. Here goes. "So when did you know that she was the one for you?" Jackson asked Nick.

"Well it was when I was talking to my mom about who I should take to prom, and she said it should be someone I love and really just want to intimately dance with. And instantly I knew that it was Erin. It was always her. Since I first met her I knew she was the one." Okay I'm not going to lie, that's kind of cute.

Looking at Erin and Nick together made me jealous. That's all I wanted. That's all I want. A real love. A love that I don't have to find from everyone because I'm afraid of hurting people. Why am I such a coward? Why can't I do this?

"Does it count if the person you're dating is afraid to open up about being in a relationship with you?" My eyes widen at what Jackson had just said and mentally I was killing him. Screw him.

Just when I was about to say something someone in front of us fell and we all stopped jogging and then stopped talking and turned to see what had just happened. "She fainted!" Eiden cried out.

I was the first to run over and then everyone else. Hazel was laying on the ground, passed out. Clearly she was dehydrated. Why doesn't she listen? I got to Hazel's level and checked for a pulse.

"Someone help! She fainted!" I screamed out and everyone stopped what they were doing and watched. I sat her up just when one of the gym teachers rushed over and took it from there.

He picked Hazel up and carried her inside as we all just watched, standing in the blazing sun, squinting our eyes to see better.

-

"I hope she's okay." Eiden said as we entered the hospital, him holding flowers and me holding a box of chocolates. The hospital had air conditioning so it felt really nice.

"This place feels so good!" Josh dramatically called out as he laid down in the first available chair. We all ignored him as we walked up to the front desk and asked for Hazel's room. Hazel is a very sweet and soft spoken girl. I would never wish bad upon her. Even though this isn't all that bad, but still. She's really sweet.

"Hey Haz." Eiden gently said as we all entered the room to find that she was asleep and a lady who looked just like her was watching over her. "She resting. She was so exhausted and dehydrated. I should have seen it." I'm assuming this is for mother from the way she's talking and watching Hazel.

"Are you Hazel's mother?" Eiden asked before any of us could. She looked up from a sleeping Hazel and smiled at us. "I sure am." Ms. Brent said.

"Well hello Ms. Brent. I'm Claire and we're Hazel's friends." I said as I offered her my hand to shake. Instead of shaking it she just hugged me and everyone else. "I'm Mrs. Brent. My husband is away on a trip. I didn't tell him because he can't afford to be stressed right now." She said once she was done hugging us.

I feel uncomfortable when people share personal information with me. Like, ew. Stop that. I just understandingly nodded my head and gave her the chocolates and Eiden placed the flowers down.

"It was nice meeting you Mrs. Brent. Oh and tell her we were here." She smiled at us before we all left Hazel's room. Her mom is nice but maybe too nice. She made me uncomfortable with all of her niceness and trust. Ew.

I don't understand how people can just meet someone and already they're opening up to them so easily. I've never been able to do that. You're letting your guard down and that's something I'll never do.