Me or Him?

Jonathan stands close to me, our faces just an inch or so away from each other. Our breathing is heavy from the make out session. Jonathan's hand moves from the back of my hair onto my face, using his thumb to caress my cheek. I stare up at him, as he studies my face carefully.

"Go on a date with me", Jonathan whispers to me, staring into my eyes.

"Jonathan, you know we can't do that", I say back. He backs away from me a few steps.

"And why the hell not?" Jonathan says, annoyed. He knows the reason.

"If anyone finds out, then tells my father, we're both in a ton trouble. I would say yes in a heartbeat, Jonathan. I know you know that".

"CJ, if you want to say yes, then say it. You're twenty-six years old, your father can't control you. The only thing he can tell you to do is make the right decisions. What you're doing right now is choosing between me, a guy who wants to love you, or your father, a man who you think has control over everything in your life".

I step towards Jonathan, just inches away from each other again, whispering distance away. "Jonathan-"

"No, CJ", Jonathan backs away once again. "I don't want to hear what your father would want you to say. I want to hear what you would say. Will you go out on a date with me?"

"Yes", I say, not needing to think. I smile at him as a smile grows on his own face.

The moment we lean in for another kiss, our lips just a centimeter away, my phone rings. I groan in annoyance and rush over to my desk, picking up the phone quickly. "CJ Quenneville", I answer it.

"It's your father", Q says back. "Do you have Jonathan down in your office? We're having a locker room meeting in five minutes".

"Yes, Toews is sitting right in front of me. We'll be there in a moment".

"Good, okay. Thanks".

Q hangs up the phone and I put mine down. "We have a meeting in the locker room. Come on".

I throw my hair into a bun on top of my head as Jonathan tells me to fix it, laughing because he had been the one to mess it up. He opens my office door and we walk through the badly lit hallways from my office to the locker room.

I walk through the locker room door first and lean against the wall just inside as Jonathan takes a seat at his locker. Q starts his talk about the game tonight and how it's going to be different in some way. I personally think it's going to be the same as every other game against a decent team this season in the NHL, but I'm not the coach, I can't say whether or not it's different or not.

Q and the other coaches leave, and before I can leave, I hear the dreaded, yet still quite funny words come from Andrew's loud mouth. "Yo. Captain Serious got some from Baby Q".

"How was it? Was he good?"

"Want to give some details?"

"He messed with your hair, didn't he?"

"So, was she good?" Bickell asks, winking at me.

"Did you get to third base?" The last guy makes me laugh. It's none other than Breadman, using his broken English, which makes the comment sound even better. Everyone turns to him and laughs. We've never heard him use that kind of language before.

I turn back to the boys sitting excitedly at their lockers, looking between Jonathan and I. I roll my eyes.

Jonathan chuckles. "No, no. Nothing like that".

"So, CJ, was he any good?" Trevor asks me.

"I'm not answering that. All of you are being children", I giggle. I turn back to the door and make my walk back to my office. "Yes", I whisper to myself as I walk.

"All hail Princess Serious", I hear from behind me. I look back to see most of the team standing in the double doors. I roll my eyes again, and return to my office.

My staff and I talk for a while, until Q stands in the doorway and gives me the notion that the game is starting soon and I need to get to the bench. Just as I step onto the threshold from the tunnels to the bench, my phone goes off in my pocket. I ignore it for a moment while I talk to our assistant coach about the game, then go and do my own thing while we wait for the teams to rush to the ice.

I take out my phone and my heart flutters the second I see who it's from. I, in a way, just want to stare at it and know that's it's from him, and not anybody else, but I also want to know what he wants to say.

I swipe on the iPhone's screen and type in my passcode and my phone opens the text message.

Meet me here at 7 tomorrow night.

One side of myself tells me that this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. But, the other says that this is a very bad idea.