Photo Shoot

I drive from my parents house to the Hub, where the team's photo shoot is. My crying stops half way into the city, so I just continue to drive, the faster I can get there, the better. I had texted Jonathan after I left the house, but the shoot had already started.

I park somewhere near the Hub in a garage, and travel to the twenty eighth floor, where the studio is located. I fix the little bit of makeup on my eyes just as the doors open. I walk through the hallways and find the open room where everyone is. Light flashes from both the lighting projectors and the camera. Jonathan, Patrick, Corey, and Andrew stand, staring at the camera, each holding a hockey stick. They start to look at each other and the camera continues to flash.

I watch Jonathan smile and laugh with the other three, and he suddenly looks behind the camera, where I am. He gives me a happy look, ask if asking how it went. I look him in the eye and shake my head, his smile disappears.

The photo shoot continues with everybody switching groups, but Jonathan is told to stay on, since he's captain. He looks like he wants to run over to me, but he just can't. I watch from the back wall, silently.

"Miss, are you the head trainer, CJ Quenneville?" I hear a voice from a few feet away. I turn to see a small woman with a camera hanging from around her neck. "Do you think you would want to join in on the shoot? We would love it if you would. I'm Jasmine Reece, head photographer on this project".

We shakes hands. "I would love to join, but I don't think I look ready to be in a photo shoot for the public to see".

She looks me up and down. "Well, your dress goes with the guy's suits, since it's subtle, and you don't look like you need a lot of makeup, maybe we could just curl your hair, just a little blush, and you could be in in five minutes. Will you do it?"

"Yes. Of course".

Jasmine drags me over to another woman, who already has a curling iron in her hands. She sits me in a chair and starts curling different parts of my hair. The stylist takes out a coral colored makeup palette, and starts on my cheeks. "You're done", she pats my shoulders, then pushes me up a bit. I stand, and immediately Jasmine is right next to me.

"So, we'll start you in with Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Andrew Shaw. Just follow them, and look at me a little, I'll tell you what to do", I nod at her, and the camera flashes stop. She motions for me to go out as the guys switch off the places. I stand in front of Jonathan and Andrew, who tower over me.

Jonathan quickly places a kiss on top of my head, and I hear Jasmine murmur something to herself, then the camera starts to flash again. I get used to the flash quickly, and look over at Jasmine as she tells us what to do. Smile, don't smile, serious face, smile again.

"Okay, I'm guessing you two are a couple, yes?" Jasmine points at Jonathan and I. The rest of the team laughs from around us. I give them looks.

I look up at Jonathan, then back at Jasmine. "Uh, yeah. We are".

"Davis, get over here", Jasmine yells through the room. A man runs over to her and they start talking in whispers. He nods his head a few times, and all of us watch them. "Would you two do a few photos together. We might have a chance to add the story of Head trainer and Captain into the article. You don't have to though, by any means".

Jonathan and I turn to each other, he shrugs. "Uh, sure. Why not, but only if it doesn't take away from the other guys. I'm not supposed to be here".

The team shrugs, looking at each other. "Sure, I guess", Jonathan says.

Jasmine starts to tell us what to do. We start as just holding hands, smiling at the camera. "Okay, now, do something silly. Piggy back ride, or bridal style, something like that. Just, be funny".

Jonathan suddenly picks me up, holding my back and under my legs. I squeal at the notion, and wrap one arm around his neck, then tuck my skirt under his hand so no one can see under. We both look at the camera and the flashing starts again. We both make faces at the camera, laughing in a few, making-not so-serious faces. The last photo, Jasmine hands me a pair of hockey gloves, and tells me to put them on. "How about one with the entire team behind them. Come on guys", Jasmine exclaims in excitement. "Jonathan and CJ, stay the way you are".

The twenty two others adjust their suits and stand in a group behind us and beside us. "Boy, I'm not the only one who realizes the trainer stole the show, right?" Andrew says from behind me. I tilt my head back, so I can see him from upside down. He smirks at me. The team laughs and we all look around at each other, the photographer takes more pictures of us. Jonathan rocks me back and forth as he shifts his weight between legs to look around at everyone. He's been holding me up for a while, and I know I'm not the lightest person on Earth.

"Okay", Jasmine stops the camera man. "How about the trainer with a few of the other guys on the team. How about Artemi, Jordan, and Brian with CJ between you".

I'm made to stand in the next four sessions, and I now feel what it's like for these guys, and they have to do it all the time. This is my first, and hopefully only, photo shoot with them.

"Okay. Times up. You're done. Thank you for coming", Jasmine yells. "That's a wrap".

"Oh, thank god", Andrew says from beside me. "I'm done. I'm going home. I'm taking a nap. The first person to wake me gets to die. Oh, by the way, be up at the cabin on Saturday, Chaunette and I will be there all week".

Andrew walks out after saying his goodbye, and others follow out after him.

"Are we going?" Jonathan looks down at me.

I adjust his bow tie. "Hell yeah. Anything to get me out of here. You look very cute in this, by the way".

"Are you going to tell me what happened with your Dad this morning?"

"Nope. Let's just say, I probably won't be talking to Dad until the season starts, and you probably won't be either".

"I'm sorry CJ. I got you into this".

"Oh no, Jonathan it's not. Let's just not talk it about it".

"Come on", Jonathan wraps an arm around my shoulders. "Let's go out for lunch. I might as well use this suit for something other than standing in front of a camera".

"I love you".