Moving Out

May

*

I finally picked out an apartment I liked, and I'm moving out of my parents house, at the age of twenty seven. Kayla, instead of moving in with me, has decided that she and Patrick will move in together at some point this summer, so she's staying in the apartment her Mom bought for her for the time being. 

My parents are thrilled that I'm finally moving out, considering how old I am, but my father is nervous. I always seem to run late somehow, though I try my hardest not to. I'm never late for extremely important things, but I'm not exactly early for them either.

The last of my boxes, in my fathers truck, are on their way over from the house. Kayla, both my sisters, and Mom are helping me sort everything throughout my small apartment.

Just as Kayla and my father walk through the front door, her phone rings in her pocket. She doesn't pick it up right away, since she doesn't have a place to put the box down.

Mia rushes over to Kayla and forces the box out of her hands. "Answer your damn phone", Mia snaps. Mom gives her a cut that out look.

Kayla walks into the hallway to answer it. I hear her giggle a bit, and I already know it's Patrick. She doesn't giggle like that for anyone else. It makes me smile a little that I know my best friend is happy.

"Dad". The voice breaks me from my thoughts. I turn to my sisters, who stand still, looking at him. "Jada and I have a party to go to tonight. Can we leave?"

"Yes. Go", my father shoos away my little sisters. I take a slight sigh of relief.

Kayla comes back in and walks over to me. "The guys want to come over. Pat wants to take me out, and Johnny wants to see you. Get them out of here", she whispers to me, motioning to my parents.

"Okay, fine", I mumble back. "Mom, Dad. Kayla and I can finish this, and we're going out right after. You guys can go".

"Are you sure?" Mom asks. "We can stay and finish sorting everything to unpack. It won't take as long for you".

"No, Mrs. Q, really. We're meeting Patrick at a restaurant later, with a few of our other friends. We have to get ready to go", Kayla tells my mother with a smile. Dad looks suspicious.

"Okay", my father answers. "Come on honey, let's leave the girls to do their thing. CJ, you have to be at the UC tomorrow morning at eight. You shouldn't be late now, since you're only five blocks away".

"I won't be late, Dad. I promise".

My parents leave, shutting the door behind them. Kayla and I look at each other, and we both know what each other is thinking. We jump up and down in each others arms. "You finally moved out. I'm so proud of my little girl", Kayla jokes.

"Kayla. I'm two days older than you are. I'm not little compared to you", I laugh.

"Oh, shut up. Let me have my moment", she replies. "Now, let's find your clothes. Those should be the first to be unpacked".

We find my boxes of clothes and shoes. With the walk-in closet in my studio-like apartment, I have so much room, and I thought I wouldn't of had enough room for all of my clothes in a new closet I didn't really know how big it was.

A knock on the door breaks through the music Kayla and I play over my phone. I shut it off and Kayla opens the door. "Hello, there", Kayla answers.

"Hey", Jonathan and Patrick say.

Patrick and Kayla greet at the door, and Jonathan continues his walk to me. His arm snakes around my waist and pulls me closer. "How's my girl?" he whispers to me

"I'm doing just fine", I whisper back, tracing my finger lightly over the letters on his shirt.

"So, this is your new apartment. I like it. I could get used to not just being at my-".

"Bye CJ. Bye Jonathan", Kayla yells out as she and Patrick walk out of the door, leaving Jonathan and I alone.

"Well?" Jonathan questions. "You have a brand new bed. Shouldn't we try it out?"

Before I can say anything, Jonathan's hands grip the back of my thighs, picking me up, and walking over to the bed. He drops me down onto it. My head hits the pillow at the head of the bed. Jonathan crawls over me, his hands close to either side of my head. I look up at his smile. He hasn't shaved in a few days, leaving a small shadow on his face.

Jonathan hovers over me, then comes down to my level, steadying himself on his elbows. Our lips move with each other. I wrap one arm around Jonathan's neck, my hand running through his hair. I let out a small moan as Jonathan's lips trail down my cheek, jawline, neck, and to my sweet spot.

Jonathan's hand starts to go up my shirt, and the skin on skin makes me tingle. I moan Jonathan's name quietly as he stops kissing me, and hovers over me once again. I look up, but the person isn't Jonathan.

"Brad!" I yell. I start squirming away from him, but I can't. "Get away from me. Get away".

Brad lets me up, which is odd for him. I rush away from the bed and stand next to the table across the room. "CJ", I hear from behind me.

"What?" I ask. I didn't even realize that I'm crying. I finally turn back, and it's not Brad anymore. "Jonathan", I breathe.

"CJ", Jonathan steps off of the bed. He takes a step towards me. I flinch slightly. "What did Brad do to you when you were together?"

"Nothing. I'm just being paranoid", I say, shaking my head.

"CJ Quenneville. Tell me what happened. Please. I beg you. I can only help if you tell me".

"Fine. I'll tell you. But you won't like it".