Hell

" I may not be where I want to be,

but at least I'm not where I used to be."

Everything around me was fading, everyone's smiles and enthusiasm was slowly dwindling, perhaps it was the release of Benjamin Fisher that sent the whole town into a craze. Gossip ran high at the school and it made me sick, he was a human being just like the rest of us.

I know he's a bad guy, but literally everyone is against him and he has no one on his side, and its not out of pity. Honestly, when I look at Ben I cant sense an ounce of violence in him, well not at least directed at me.

I was losing my mind over thinking about everything, but it was funny to see my family's reaction when I came home late last night. My brothers were freaking out while my parents sat me down and gave me a talk, they mentioned how a murderer was just released and I knew immediately they were talking about Ben.

It angered me but than another part of me just let it go. I push through the students and smile when I see him leaning against my locker.

Chase Winter was the most popular guy in school, he was on the schools football team while being captain of both the basket ball team and the soccer team.

We weren't dating but there was something between us. He actually seemed like a nice guy, we met when I had to tutor him for World History.

"Hey sweetness," He greets when I walk up to him.

I grin widely and kiss him on the cheek, I still haven't had my first kiss and I'd like to keep it that way. I wasn't a prude, and no it isn't because I believe in God and all that stuff.

I just wanted to know for sure, and I didn't care if I was called a prude, it didn't matter to me.

I ruffle his hair, "What's up?" I ask, opening my locker to grab my books for first class.

He snorted and flicked my ear before his attention was diverted, the halls went silent and I felt my gut twist. I spun around and narrowed my eyes.

My eyes follow the direction of all the students and my breath catches in my throat when I see him walking down the hall ever so slowly, his head wasn't hung in shame nor was it up proudly.

His shoulders were sagged, and his facial expression could kill. He looked angry, perhaps it was because he had to come here.

Everyone cowered away from him while I stood there in shock, I wasn't expecting him to actually come back to school, let alone high school after just serving a five year sentence.

Shaking my head I grin slightly when he makes his way towards the end of the hall where I was currently standing by my locker, Chase kept quiet and watched along with all the other students.

"God, what have we done?" I question in a mocking tone when he passed by me.

His shoulders went tense and he almost froze mid step, he craned his neck and looked at me, a smirk curving his lips, "And bring destruction, God had said." He mutters before leaving, heading towards the main office.

And bring destruction, God had said

His words replayed over in my mind and I chew on my bottom lip, only snapping back to reality when Chase slung his arm around my shoulders, completely obvious to my emotions.

Huffing out I slam my locker door shut and let him walk me to my first class.

My mind was distracted all day and all I could think about was Ben. He kept under the radar but news went around fast in this school. It hurt me to hear all the things people were saying about him, he didn't deserve any of it.