Freedom

" there is a swelling storm, and im caught up in the middle of it all -
and it takes control of the person that i thought i was ; the boy i used to know.
but there is a light in the dark, and i feel its warmth - in my hands, and my heart
why can't i hold on?"

6 YEARS AGO
_____________________________

"Benjamin honey, I'll be fine sweetheart. If I can give birth to three boys I'm sure I can give birth to your sister,"

My mothers voice was soft like honey and always brought my nerves down, in a way she was my anchor. My dad loved me no doubt, but he couldn't handle me when my beast rumbled around.

I smile at her and hold her hand tightly in mine when another set of contractions hit. Alexander and William stood on the other side of the room while my father was down by my mothers feet.

We weren't in a hospital because this wasn't an ordinary birth. My mother was a werewolf who found my father, her mate.

She changed him and that's when they had us children. Both Alexander and William were able to control their beasts while I struggled.

I would always hear my mother and father argue about it, my father always bringing up that the lab did something to my DNA and altered in a way, turning my genes more vicious.

I brought a hand through my hair and smiled at my mom, "Tell me a story, any story that you love," I whisper to my mother.

She looked over at me and squeezed my hand tighter in hers, "The Story of mates. My mother would always say there was beauty when tragedy struck and she was right. We may be beasts but we're capable of love," She whispers to me.

My brothers were deep in their own conversation and only father was talking to Alma, the nurse of the pack.

"There is a person out in that great big world who's meant just for you. Someone to keep you safe and love you unconditionally - even if you believe you are a beast," She whispers, looking me in the eye.

She knew I considered myself a monster. I was thirteen, the world hated me and kids never liked me because I was different.

I shook my head while smiling at her, "Not me mama, I don't need a mate, I'll be fine alone," I say causing a small smile to tilt on her lips.

She brought a hand up to my face and placed it against my cheek, "Honey you don't have to be alone." She whispered before squeezing my hand tightly in her delicate one.

Her eyes close shut and she screams out before growling, "The baby's coming!" Alma says and my father stands next to Alma.

My mother cries out when I hear Alma grunt, "Something wrong," She whispered to my Dad.

My mother didn't hear from all her screaming and I look at the two with fearful eyes, "She's losing too much blood," She says in a hush tone.

My eyes narrowed and I look over to my mothers face which was growing paler by the moment. She cracks a smile at me as if she knew and brushed her hand across my cheek, "I love you Benjamin, I always will," She whispered and I watch as her eyes fell shut and she let out another scream.