Praying

" the past can't haunt me if i don't let it."

School went by surprisingly fast today, I spent most of the day arguing with the girls about the dance tonight. They were all going and Graylen was trying to persuade me.

I don't break easily but when she brought up tacos and pizza I could feel my walls breaking. It was funny, even though I was a vampire I still enjoyed pizza and tacos.

That's how I found myself in my sisters room grumbling under my breath while she played around with my hair. She already had a dressed picked out for me to wear and was also going to be doing my makeup.

When I told her I was going to a dance she was almost over the moon, "I always wanted this," She says, doing my eyeshadow.

I guess she meant she wanted a sister to play dress up on.

I let her play with my hair for a bit before she finally finishes doing my face and hair.I look in the mirror and smiled. She did my make up lightly, keeping it natural and my hair was now in curls.

I look up at her with a small grin, "Thanks Idalia," I say.

She pats my head before spinning around, grabbing a dress off of the bed. She shoves me in the bathroom and shoves the dress into my chest before closing the door.

Rolling my eyes I slip out of my clothes and pull the dress on, it fit like a glove.

It was white and was short but long at the same time. I felt like a princess. I wasn't really one who wore dresses, it wasn't really my style.

I push open the bathroom door and step out, hearing my sister gasp, "You don't look hideous!" She exclaimed.

I twirled around, "Thanks," I retort before grabbing my purse.

I slip on the black heels she's lending me and leave her bedroom, walking downstairs to see the girls all standing there.

Graylen was wearing a long blue dress while Skeeter was wear a long purple skirt and black crop top. Briars dress was light pink and ended by her knees.

They all looked fancy.

They all smiled at me, "You actually look like a girl!" Graylen says, causing Skeeter to laugh out.

"You look beautiful Iliana," Briar says, causing a grin to take over my lips. I felt normal in this moment.

My father walks out and when his eyes land on me they light up and he smiles widely at me, "My beautiful baby girl, you look absolutely stunning. You look just like you're mother," He says, kissing the side of my head.

I wrap my arms around him, "I know I don't say it much but I love you," I whisper out.

His arms tighten around me and he chuckled out, "You'll always be my baby girl," He says before pulling away.

That's when the guys all came down stairs sounding like a heard of elephants.

Isaiah stood there alongside Asher and Silas. I rose an eyebrow at them and shook my head, "Picture time!" Dad says while grabbing his camera.