Never

" Why are you running away? You don't understand it."

I wake up when I hear a shout and a gun go off, I shot to my feet and search around.

I was still at the army base but it was now morning, I slept here all night.

It went silent again and I sucked in a breath when I heard ruffling from the field when suddenly a body dropped to the ground.

I bite my tongue to keep from screaming and run over to the man who lied there, a gun shot to his chest.

I push him over so he was lying on his back and squeeze my eyes shut while slowly poking him. My heart was racing and the wind was wild around me.

I peak an eye open when I made contact with his chest and scream out when his eyes popped open and he sat up quickly, his eyes searching around while he wheezed out.

His eyes land on me then down to his chest, "What the -" He mumbles, standing to his feet.

My eyes widen and I reel back, "Do you fancy a cup of coffee?" I question and he stared at me. He looked around the age of Charles.

This man had messy brown locks and bright blue eyes, although it looked like he'd been living out in these woods while hidden for a while by the way he looks.

"I guess," He mutters and I beam, I run over and grab my bag and slip in my fathers journal. I turn around to see the man staring at me.

We walk in silence while I lead the way, he was timid and silent like he hadn't been around people in a long time.

"Do you have a name?" I ask softly and glance over at him, he narrowed his eyes and looked down at me.

He shook his head, "Chatty," He mumbled under his breath, "You can call me Fox," He says and I nod my head.

"You can call me Rae," I tell him and he looks down at me while nodding, his eyes were calculating and there was something about this man that felt familiar.

The rest of the walk was silent and we finally made it to the small coffee shop, we sat down at a small booth and I watch as Grace walked over with a smile on her face, her and I go to school together although I see her more in this coffee shop more than I do there.

She smiled at me and held a note pad in her hand, "French Vanilla?" She questions and I nod, she looks over at Fox who sat there with a blank expression.

"Black coffee please," He says with a small grunt and I grin at him while Grace left to make our orders.

I stare at him, he looked exhausted and confused. He seemed to be lost but knew where he was because he wasn't freaking out.

She returned with our drinks and left us to chat but all Fox did was sit there tense while sipping his steaming hot coffee, though it didn't seem to phase him.

"What town is this?" He questioned and I glanced up at him.

He sat there staring at me with those cold blue eyes, "Cala Falls," I answer and his eyes widened again.

He cursed under his breath when my phone began ringing, I send him a sheepish smile and stand up before answering, "Hello?" I ask and I hear shouting.

I roll my eyes at them when Asher's voice appeared, "Where were you? You didn't come home!"

My eyes widen and I look over at Grace who points at herself and shoots me a thumbs up, "I was at Graces house," I say and I hear them go silent.